JB on NIL. Forbes article. | Syracusefan.com

JB on NIL. Forbes article.

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
He's not wrong, people are going to lament that these college players are making 6 figure salaries while in school, but anybody who isn't in a sport has literally no cap on the amount of money they make while they are there so... honestly I don't care and I think it helps the game of College Basketball.

Especially after the last 10-15 years one of, if not the BIGGEST issue fans have had is their teams can't keep players from leaving early.

I don't think we know yet just how it will change the landscape. The potential is there for it to keep players in school longer, but how will it be regulated to ensure that schools aren't cheating and just paying players under the shroud of NIL? I just don't think it's going to be managed well.

I don't think we know yet just how it will change the landscape. The potential is there for it to keep players in school longer, but how will it be regulated to ensure that schools aren't cheating and just paying players under the shroud of NIL? I just don't think it's going to be managed well.
agreed. if you simply have fat cat boosters dropping envelopes of cash/cars/etc and universities hiring family members left and right...it perverts the basis that collegiate athletics is based upon and it will create a certain group of schools that are literally buying all the players...and an arms race that will likely spiral out of control...which I dont see how people can see as a good thing OTOH if you hve players legitimately selling their likeness and adding something of value and then getting paid for that the same way any other college student with a side business would be doing, thats differnt.

at the end of the day, steph, KD and LeBron make way more money off the court than they do through their NBA salaries ...but they dont have fans just giving them money to be on their team. Think of how weird that would be. They are endorsing/creating products, making appearances, etc...so the potential for that is huge in NCAA as well.

it's still boosters buying players. only now it's legit. and about to get much worse becuz of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom