JB on Pentagon leadership panel..watch live Wednesday 1:30 PM | Syracusefan.com

JB on Pentagon leadership panel..watch live Wednesday 1:30 PM

"Dixon, a four-time national coach of the year selection"

Say what?

Hope someone will provide a report on what JB had to say for those of us who can't watch. Thanks!

Jim Boeheim goes to Washington (with other coaches) to talk a little basketball and soldiering
http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/in..._coaches_to_talk_a_little_basketball_and.html
One of the worst articles Poliquin has ever written and that's saying something. I'm watching the forum now and it's been very enjoyable and these coaches definitely have things of value to share with the audience. And the audience is enjoying it as well. And the coaches have related how they have learned from military leaders as well.

Last edited:
If BoeHeim is telling the military about leadership it's time to shut down the War College/West Point and Annapolis

and Bud is spot on.

Last edited:
RoysRunts said:
If BoeHeim is telling the military about leadership it's time to shut down the War College/West Point and Annapolis

and Bud is spot on.

Never knew the "H" is capitalized.

And Bud's column is moronic. There are many different types of leadership and not everything has to be directly analogous or have stakes as high as a military operation in order to be useful to military leaders.

and Bud is spot on.
A few of the things that have happened in the service sector in the past few years would lead you to believe that military leadership could stand to think about something besides their careers.

and Bud is spot on.
Pretty sure judging from the crowd's reaction, they do not agree with you.

and Bud is spot on.
My initial reaction was that a session like this is a waste of time and money.

But after thinking about it for a moment, there's probably a lot these folks can share when it comes to getting young men and women to buy into a system and a program.

However, if that was the goal, they should have invited Rick Pitino. There is no one in college basketball better at getting the most out of the people he has. And K's military background may have been useful.

I think over the years I've read that JB is a huge history buff.

My initial reaction was that a session like this is a waste of time and money.

But after thinking about it for a moment, there's probably a lot these folks can share when it comes to getting young men and women to buy into a system and a program.

However, if that was the goal, they should have invited Rick Pitino. There is no one in college basketball better at getting the most out of the people he has. And K's military background may have been useful.
Damn, if only they had you there to pick which college coaches to pick. Maybe next time.