JB On The Dan Patrick Show... | Syracusefan.com

JB On The Dan Patrick Show...

Where does one find the Dan Patrick show?

Where does one find the Dan Patrick show?

Not sure on the radio anymore, but NBCSports is what I think the cable station is called these days.

Directv channel 239. DVR it everyday but don't always watch it. Today will be a must-see after I get home from work.

Highlights:

Patrick busted his balls about being kicked out pretty much the whole time he was on.
JB indicated he thought it was a foul based on the new rules.
Said he spoke with K after and K said he handled the presser well.
Said his players were not allowed to get a T
Patrick asked if his kids said anything. He said Jimmy said it was a bad call but then asked him for $40 so he isnt sure if he meant it or not.
Said he wouldnt get kicked out for another 100 games
Said he isnt close to hanging up the coaching gig yet.

Highlights:

Patrick busted his balls about being kicked out pretty much the whole time he was on.
Patrick asked if his kids said anything. He said Jimmy said it was a bad call but then asked him for $40 so he isnt sure if he meant it or not.

"I've been doing pilates," Boeheim said. "I think my instructor would be proud of me."

Now that would be a sight!

And somewhere, Mike Hopkins wept.

How Hop hasn't gotten a HC offer from a major program is beyond me. I mean really he could HC somewhere until JB retires and then SU just hires him back - no?

Boeheims says thhat they made the 2 FTs after the 4 technical FTs, but Thornton actually missed on of those. Duke would likely foul if we get the ball back down by 3 before we can get a shot off, but there is probably less than a 1% chance of winning if you are down 4, and maybe 3-4% if you are down by 3. Either way, it's not worth all of the attention it's gotten (3-4% is still small), but Boeheim is usually spot-on with his recollections, so I wonder if he was embellishing to try to diminish his mistake a little.

How Hop hasn't gotten a HC offer from a major program is beyond me. I mean really he could HC somewhere until JB retires and then SU just hires him back - no?
He has and he will continue to get major offers.

And somewhere, Mike Hopkins wept.

Don't feel sorry for Hop. If he wanted to go, he could. I think he likes where he's at and is probably paid very well. And Mike is what, 45 or so? He could still easily coach SU in 5 years, which will give him 10-20 years of being a head coach.

Boeheims says thhat they made the 2 FTs after the 4 technical FTs, but Thornton actually missed on of those. Duke would likely foul if we get the ball back down by 3 before we can get a shot off, but there is probably less than a 1% chance of winning if you are down 4, and maybe 3-4% if you are down by 3. Either way, it's not worth all of the attention it's gotten (3-4% is still small), but Boeheim is usually spot-on with his recollections, so I wonder if he was embellishing to try to diminish his mistake a little.

I think he meant AFTER all of the tech FTs, Duke inbounds the ball, SU fouls on the inbounds and the kid made both for 7 pt lead. Then Tyler is fouled on the 3, makes one for the final margin.

He has and he will continue to get major offers.

I think the last time he got a sniff was USC but he didn't get an offer. Before that I think he got an offer at a mid-major but turned it down. Was it Charlotte I think?

If he has gotten an offer with a major program please refresh my memory but I don't think so.

Highlights:

Thanks for the recap! I don't nderstand this one. What does it mean?

I was trying to think of any Major Programs that would have a coaching change in the offseason, and originally i thought one of those would be Texas, but now that they are playing well i'm not sure where he could end up. I don't see Mike taking a mid-major job at all. It would have to come from a power conference.

Highlights:

he actually said 1100 games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom