JB on XM 91 today | Syracusefan.com

JB on XM 91 today

I know JB usually makes the national media rounds every year, but does it seem like he's been doing a heck of a lot more this year? Perhaps prepping for life after coaching?

I know JB usually makes the national media rounds every year, but does it seem like he's been doing a heck of a lot more this year? Perhaps prepping for life after coaching?
Hopefully prepping for a deep run in march/april culminating with Boeheim holding two championship trophies (BE + NCAA).

I think these one-week gaps between games have given him extra free time.

Nah...probably more has to do with his noted bad Big East scheduling thus far and days (relative downtime) between games he's not so content with. :)

I think these one-week gaps between games have given him extra free time.

Great point. Remember he always does the rounds at ESPN when we have an @ UConn game because he is there.

played better at the end of the cinci game, then lville, had to, we were in a bigger hole.
Quick recap, thanks to AirForceOrange for the sirius hook up!

everyone out there can beat you
Mountain West has 5 or 6 teams that can beat anyone
dont have the "great teams" "great players just dont stay"
UNC has talent, but young, playing against seniors at other schools. Fresh, sophs dont beat seniors

Getting ready after big win -
didnt play as well against cincy as we needed to, but we were ready to play. Cincy had less time to prepare then we did
its never that you didnt have enough time to get ready, its just, you lost

we lost two guys last year, we are still good, but we would be raving about them now

JS - No new news. process to go through. Hoping to get him back. we just dont know. have to play with what you have. JS still practicing. Other guys need to pick it up. JG has been great. Everyone has to play better, to pick it up.

Knew with the conference sched we had to get off to a good start, and we have
Nova strugled, now they are playing well, same with gtown (F gtown) and pitt
Playing 14 tough games doesnt make you better, might break you

rival in ACC
taking ND and Pitt with us. looking forward to duke and UNC, challenge, not sure if ill like it
gonna miss gtown, been #1 game for us for a long time. same with Uconn. Alot of it is because of the coaches (making rivalry better)
St boni and canisius were our rivals when I first started at SU
excited for new challenge, miss old rivals

Talked about possible seperation between NCAA and football basketball schools.

#900/903 gave talking heads something to keep talking about, is my guess.

I think JB generally despises the media and would never cross over to the dark side. Though I am kinda curious what he ends up doing with his winters when he finally retires. He will be like an idiot abroad after 50 years of "winter = basketball". My prediction is he opens up a lush indoor golf complex.

I think JB generally despises the media and would never cross over to the dark side. Though I am kinda curious what he ends up doing with his winters when he finally retires. He will be like an idiot abroad after 50 years of "winter = basketball". My prediction is he opens up a lush indoor golf complex.

I'm sure he's already been checking out the real estate scene in some golf communities in Florida :cool:

Always been a big difference between local & national media w/ JB. If you're national you can ask the dumbest questions in the world & he won't (or at least appear not to be) annoyed. If you're local you have to know his record vs John Beline though.
Besides Bob Knight was the King of media haters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom