JB presser vs BC | Syracusefan.com

JB presser vs BC

I appreciate you -- and anyone else -- who posts these after games. Hard to find online. PS seems to only post a small segment, and they make it difficult to locate.

"The young guys are not learning to play basketball"

That is a damning statement. He's not saying they are raw and have alot to learn but are in the process of learning. He is saying they havent learned. Big difference.

OrangeYaGladi said:
I appreciate you -- and anyone else -- who posts these after games. Hard to find online. PS seems to only post a small segment, and they make it difficult to locate.

If you subscribe to the syracuse orange channel on YouTube they post the full presser after every game.

That is a damning statement. He's not saying they are raw and have alot to learn but are in the process of learning. He is saying they havent learned. Big difference.

I think he meant that they haven't learned yet and they have to if we are going to get better...he really singled out Tyler and Kaleb...

JB is right! It DOES appear they are NOT climbing the CBB learning curve, or if they are it is at an imperceptible rate. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just feels like very little progress is being made, no team chemistry and no joy out there. Not a good year. Still watch every game, still love my team, just acknowledging we have major problems that don't seem to be getting resolved. The second half of our conference schedule could get very ugly.

Not a warm and fuzzy statement, but I don think it's wise to put much stock into an off hand comment in a mandatory press conference.

JB is right! It DOES appear they are NOT climbing the CBB learning curve, or if they are it is at an imperceptible rate. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just feels like very little progress is being made, no team chemistry and no joy out there. Not a good year. Still watch every game, still love my team, just acknowledging we have major problems that don't seem to be getting resolved. The second half of our conference schedule could get very ugly.

Think maybe the kids already know that regardless of whatever efforts they give, their season ends the day after the last regular season game this year?

It's always interesting to me when a coach says his players aren't learning. I'd be very slow to make that statement if I were the coach because it directly relates to MY ability to teach.

Okay, only able to watch a couple minutes of that one. I saw Cooney give up 4-6 threes on his side, but Roberson is the one who gets beat up in the press conference? And at least one of the threes Roberson gave up was because Kaleb was way late on his rotation. I know Tyler needs to be quicker to that corner, but in order to do that, Kaleb has to get back to the wing much faster. But no mention of Cooney's defensive lapses makes me shake my head.

Think maybe the kids already know that regardless of whatever efforts they give, their season ends the day after the last regular season game this year?

It's always interesting to me when a coach says his players aren't learning. I'd be very slow to make that statement if I were the coach because it directly relates to MY ability to teach.

...and MY ability to recruit:)

These just make me laugh. I love how, at the end, JB waits approximately .3 seconds between saying "Anything else?", and then walking out of the room. He literally cannot wait to leave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom