JB Presser | Syracusefan.com

JB Presser

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
I'd be curious to know how many of the people engaging in the discussion about JB's comments in the presser have actually taken the time to watch the presser and hear the comments in context?
It is only about 8 minutes, an easy watch.

I didn't think any of what he said was unfairly critical or threw anyone under the bus. He spent a minute or two talking about our offensive problems and discussed four guys in this regard the forwards (Roberson and McC) and Patterson and Joseph. Comments start at the 4:54 mark and are linked below.

Presser starting at 4:54

His harshest comments were probably directed at Roberson for his offensive goal tending late in the second half when he grabbed the rim on MGB's (I think) put back and he ripped someone at the end for playing more than 20 minutes and not scoring a point. I assume it was Joseph, but couldn't hear the question.

Incidentally these pressers would be a lot better if you could hear the question that JB is responding to.

Yeah, I didn't think it was bad. Really everyone got a put down besides Christmas. For some reason we seem more sensitive to whenever he says something about McCullough. Seemed like a "normal" presser to me.

His harshest comments were probably directed at Roberson for his offensive goal tending late in the second half when he grabbed the rim on MGB's (I think) put back ...

I deleted the DVR immediately and only say this play live and once on the replay; does anyone have the video?

Because I could swear after the replay that no one touched Cooney's shot until Roberson dunked it in.

I'd be curious to know how many of the people engaging in the discussion about JB's comments in the presser have actually taken the time to watch the presser and hear the comments in context?

I didn't think any of what he said was unfairly critical or threw anyone under the bus. He spent a minute or two talking about our offensive problems and discussed four guys in this regard the forwards (Roberson and McC) and Patterson and Joseph. Comments start at the 4:54 mark and are linked below.

His harshest comments were probably directed at Roberson for his offensive goal tending late in the second half when he grabbed the rim on MGB's (I think) put back and he ripped someone at the end for playing more than 20 minutes and not scoring a point. I assume it was Joseph, but couldn't hear the question.

Incidentally these pressers would be a lot better if you could hear the question that JB is responding to.
Yea, the Chris slam occurred after saying how great he had been playing, but some like to conveniently omit or ignore that. His comment about Patterson not hitting the rim a couple of times in warm ups is pretty startling. His form is ok, but he is not even coming close in practice?!? How does this happen? Gotta be all mental for Ronnie. He looks good looking to penetrate, and drops the ball off nicely to the open big, so that needs to continue to be his focus. Hopefully he can incorporate a mid range game over time and stay on the floor longer, because his D is useful.

OttoMets said:
I deleted the DVR immediately and only say this play live and once on the replay; does anyone have the video? Because I could swear after the replay that no one touched Cooney's shot until Roberson dunked it in.
I thought Roberson interfered with his botched dunk

I deleted the DVR immediately and only say this play live and once on the replay; does anyone have the video?

Because I could swear after the replay that no one touched Cooney's shot until Roberson dunked it in.

In real time I thought it looked like basket interference. I can't say who did what, but there was something really strange about that sequence and I assumed it would be called off.

I thought the presser was fine. Surly and funny but completely an accurate example of where the team is. Especially the last couple of sentences about reality and "what your outlook is when you play like this."

To me Roberson just grabbed the rim and didn't do anything positive with it. Just bizarre and stupid. Boeheim was not happy with Roberson.

I thought the presser was fine. Surly and funny but completely an accurate example of where the team is. Especially the last couple of sentences about reality and "what your outlook is when you play like this."

To me Roberson just grabbed the rim and didn't do anything positive with it. Just bizarre and stupid. Boeheim was not happy with Roberson.

Sometimes it's instinct. Especially when you are so high up in the air and so close to the rim, it's a way to sort of brace yourself coming down.

At least that's what I used to do when I was throwing down tomahawks on my 8'6" hoop.

Were there two goal tendings called. I watched the one I think JB is referring to a couple of times. Roberson never touched the ball. He grabbed the rim then the ball went through the hoop. Elmore made the comment that JB was arguing that he grabbed the rim after the ball went through the net, but that it had to get all the way through the net. Then they showed the replay and the announcers agreed that Roberson grabbed the rim before the ball even went through the cylinder forget about getting through the net. It was just a brain fart kind of play.

For those calling for Boeheim's head regarding the McCullough comments - give me a break.

Exactly...Taken in context, nothing was out of line! I stated as much in my reply to the 'Criticism' thread earlier this morning:

I just finished watching the presser. What I saw was a clearly frustrated coach calling out players who he know are capable of playing better than they did last night. From where I sat, nothing was out to line or overly critical when taken in context.

For instance (I am paraphrasing):

1) Kaleb - Played great vs nova but hasn't been able to get going since. <<<ME: This is really true. Kaleb needs to play more consistently. >>>
2) Tyler - Some player grabbed the rim...what was he thinking...nothing. Also, Rak was open and he dribbled off his leg. We can't be doing that. <<<ME: The dribble off the leg was true, it was a bad play BUT NOTHING like the bad play on the putback. Plus, Tyler stayed in the game after each of these mistakes which says a lot. >>>
3) Chris - He started out playing great. Now we just want to get him to play bad because that would be a step up. <<<ME: If CMAC is so thin skinned that he cannot accept this criticism, then I feel bad for him because I think JB could of been far more critical. >>>

BTW...He also was critical of MG (I don't know why he took that shot) and Trevor (he passed when he should of shot and shot when he should of passed). Only Rak was spared last night...

So, at the end of the day, the kids needs to step it up and play to their potential. They know that. The coaches know that.

I'm curious and anxious to see if this happens...

But he stayed in the game even after he dribbled off his leg. That says a lot about JB's thought process and TR being the best option.

Were there two goal tendings called. I watched the one I think JB is referring to a couple of times. Roberson never touched the ball. He grabbed the rim then the ball went through the hoop. Elmore made the comment that JB was arguing that he grabbed the rim after the ball went through the net, but that it had to get all the way through the net. Then they showed the replay and the announcers agreed that Roberson grabbed the rim before the ball even went through the cylinder forget about getting through the net. It was just a brain fart kind of play.
If Cooney could finish a damn layup the whole Roberson grabbing the rim would have been moot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom