JB said he could only remember Pearl's buzzer beater last night. | Syracusefan.com

JB said he could only remember Pearl's buzzer beater last night.

memcorsu

2nd String
JB said he could only remember Pearl's buzzer beater last night. Thought I would post a few more. Feel free to add. These are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. There were a few more that beat the buzzer in first half was going for end game beaters/winners.

For me the hardest. Gmac was so clutch.

Last edited:
The GMac and Wallace shots are still so fresh in my mind. Ennis' heave will go down as one of the best.

What I remember most from that GMac winner against Cincy in 2006, was Devendorf boasting in James White's face in the handshake line. To lose a game like that and then have E talking ish, had to be hard. White had to be restrained. If you look at the video that Syracuse.com put up today re Top 5 buzzer beaters (it's the 4 minute clip, not the 2 min one), you can see the aftermath of E's taunting. I loved the outcome of the game, but I did think that Devendorf went a little too far on that. That's what I remember.
And memcorsu has the 2006 clip above

This has to be the greatest game in Syracuse history? Maybe #2 now after the NC game in 2003, but just an all time amazing classic.

I don't think that clip even shows Cipolla's buzzer beater off the mid court inbounds pass from Wallace at the end of regulation to send it to OT.

I also think that if that Bryce/Homer Drew shot hadn't happened in the tourney that year (1998), the Marius Janulis shot against Iona would have been the shot they would have replayed a million times.

I don't think that clip even shows Cipolla's buzzer beater off the mid court inbounds pass from Wallace at the end of regulation to send it to OT.

Didn't include non game winners but since you brought it up.

Didn't include non game winners but since you brought it up.

When you think of that game everyone remembers the Wallace shot at the end to win it.

The things about the game that are often forgotten:

(1) The pass from Wallace to Cipolla along with the catch and shot by Cipolla at the end of regulation were probably a more spectacular play then the play in OT; and

(2) that the finish wasn't just a buzzer beater finish. To truly appreciate that finish you have to see the entire final 20 to 20 secs.; we had taken the lead with under 15 seconds to go in OT and then GA made a mad dash back up the court and sunk a 3 with just 7 seconds to go...all to set the stage for Wallace's shot. All of it with no stoppage in play if I recall....just mad action.

Setting aside the 6 OT game that may be the all time best SU game.

Last edited:
JB said he could only remember Pearl's buzzer beater last night. Thought I would post a few more. Feel free to add. These are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. There were a few more that beat the buzzer in first half was going for end game beaters/winners.

For me the hardest. Gmac was so clutch.
GMac against Cincinnati in the miracle BET run (think it was 2006).
Conrad against Villanova with a FT jumper at the old Spectrum in Philly, circa 1994. Laettneresque.
Louie Orr made a late running layup to beat St John's circa 1979 or 1980.

Rudy Hackett's foul line push shot to send K-State NCAA game to OT in '75.
Leo Rautins tip-in to win first BE Tourney.

Rudy Hackett's foul line push shot to send K-State NCAA game to OT in '75.

In that one, Jimmy Williams, dribbles the court in 3 seconds to pass off to Hackett after K State goes up 2 with 4 seconds to go.

And don't forget Jimmy Lee's 20 footer against UNC in the 1975 Semi-Final 2 nights earlier with 2 seconds to go.