JB story | Syracusefan.com

JB story

shermstheman

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Rebounder
My wife just shared that her friend attended a coaching conference 20-30 years ago hosted by Red Auerbach. JB was on the panel. All the panelists gave a short talk and then the audience could ask the questions. JB did his thing and the first question was about how bad it is to play zone. JB said something like, “if you effin know more than me then why aren’t you up here”. No more questions were asked to JB.

My wife just shared that her friend attended a coaching conference 20-30 years ago hosted by Red Auerbach. JB was on the panel. All the panelists gave a short talk and then the audience could ask the questions. JB did his thing and the first question was about how bad it is to play zone. JB said something like, “if you effin know more than me then why aren’t you up here”. No more questions were asked to JB.
What a question! Someone wanted a reaction and someone sure got one. :)

A couple of years after I graduated, my parents went to some hotel in the Catskills for the weekend. JB was there doing a clinic. My father introduces himself and says my son is a recent SU grad. JB doesn't say hey that's great, how nice or anything. First thing out of his mouth, "Does he have a job?" :)

Last edited:
Who else was on the panel??

A couple of years after I graduated, my parents went to some hotel in the Catskills for a weekend. JB was there doing a clinic. My father introduces himself and says my son is a recent SU grad. JB doesn't say hey that's great, how nice or anything. First thing out of his mouth, "Does he have a job?" :)
That’s a great response.

This is a text from a close friend the day he announced his retirement.

When I was a member at Monroe golf club many moons ago,he came and did a talk and q&a
He was hilariously profane -every word in the book
Insulted everyone - he was like Don Rickles

Brent?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom