JB taking jabs at Kenny Smith | Syracusefan.com

JB taking jabs at Kenny Smith

Is Kenny Smith smart?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I turned to a Game of Thrones repeat, could you summarize what he said?

Chided Kenny for some negative stuff he's said about our zone during tournament coverage, suggesting that sitting next to Charles Barkley must be rubbing off on him.

^^^ yeah, that was pretty much it. It was a good-natured little jab, I thought

weren't we close to landing kenny ?

(self edit : i was thinking kenny anderson)

"Anderson's announcement effectively ended a two-year courtship by about 50 major Division I colleges, though he said that at no time during the last two years did he seriously consider more than five schools: Syracuse, North Carolina, Georgetown, Duke and Georgia Tech.
Despite the manageable number, Anderson admitted that the pressure to choose one school became so intense that he found himself wishing he could cut himself up and hand himself out, like an assist.
''But I couldn't cut my body into three,'' he said. ''I couldn't give Syracuse my left arm, North Carolina my right arm and Georgia Tech my body.''

Pearl and Kenny Smith came out of NYC the same year and both were recruited by SU. When Pearl committed that was basically the end of any hope of getting Kenny.

Gottlieb seemed to want to spar with those two yesterday as well. He clearly is frustrated talking college hoops with guys who don't watch college hoops. Have to wonder if CBS will start to move those NBA guys out as they hire more Gottlieb types.

(self edit : i was thinking kenny anderson)

"Anderson's announcement effectively ended a two-year courtship by about 50 major Division I colleges, though he said that at no time during the last two years did he seriously consider more than five schools: Syracuse, North Carolina, Georgetown, Duke and Georgia Tech.
Despite the manageable number, Anderson admitted that the pressure to choose one school became so intense that he found himself wishing he could cut himself up and hand himself out, like an assist.
''But I couldn't cut my body into three,'' he said. ''I couldn't give Syracuse my left arm, North Carolina my right arm and Georgia Tech my body.''
Anderson was bought/paid for by Ga Tech. If anyone thinks Bobby Cremins ran a clean program when he was the coach there, think again.

Should have taken the shot at Barkley. He's the one who said the zone didn't do anything, Marquette just missed.

Kenny said the zone didn't matter, it was the players and how they played that mattered. Which isn't exactly a terrible comment.

and Barkley for their criticisms of the zone, during the halftime show of the UM/UF game.

Hah.
1987 East regional Final I remember CBS panning to Kenny Smith's Father, standing up and cheering in his Carolina Blue Perry Como Sweater. Must be that loss still sticks in his Craw... Haven't heard him mention that loss! ask him about boxing out Stevie Thompson putbacks/Greg Monroe's 3's? or how Seikley ate up J.R. Reid ;)

Should have taken the shot at Barkley. He's the one who said the zone didn't do anything, Marquette just missed.

Kenny said the zone didn't matter, it was the players and how they played that mattered. Which isn't exactly a terrible comment.

Yeah, I think JB was misinformed on Kenny's comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom