JB talks southern eating | Syracusefan.com

JB talks southern eating

Jimmy will be ordering his burger with slaw on it, by 2016. Guaranteed.

*I was completely bewildered the first time I ordered a fast food burger in Carolina and the drive thru attendant asked me if I wanted slaw on my burger.

So funny. Before the JB video came on, I had to watch a commercial for Ruby Tuesday's. And all I could think was..... "No, Jim would not like the food at this place." Just a funny juxtaposition of a commercial and a news report.

Jimmy will be ordering his burger with slaw on it, by 2016. Guaranteed.

*I was completely bewildered the first time I ordered a fast food burger in Carolina and the drive thru attendant asked me if I wanted slaw on my burger.

Best burger topping ever. Comeback Shack in Boone does it best. As a topping it is a national treasure.

Best burger topping ever. Comeback Shack in Boone does it best. As a topping it is a national treasure.

Yeah, after moving down here - a little chili, a little slaw, a little bacon makes for one tasty burger!

374515-bigkahuna_super.jpeg

Despite my initial bewilderment, it did not take me long to buy in. I still hold out hope that this will spread to the northeast.

There's a lot of great regional food in this country. I'm not a fan of the south, but they have some killer food, figuratively and literally.

Regional food is the anti-fast food.

South Carolina has barbecue that is mustard-based. Took me a while to get around to it, but it is a very nice change of pace from other barbecue.

South Carolina has barbecue that is mustard-based. Took me a while to get around to it, but it is a very nice change of pace from other barbecue.

It's awesome. Between that and Lexington-style vinergar-based BBQ, it's impossible for me to enjoy the sweet slop that's served at most places in the Northeast.

For SU fans in the Triad and those coming to Winston-Salem for football this fall, the restaurant JB ate it is called BLL Rotisserie Factory according to a thread on the Wake board.

http://www.rotisseriefactory.com/dinner.html

The owner's name is in fact Simon so it checks out. I've never eaten there myself, but now I think I'll be picking up some pizzas from there for the Duke game.

i've seen jimmy b chowing in zebbs. not sure how many burger toppings he choose. maybe 6.5?
Were you hoping that he went 7 deep on toppings this year? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom