JB vs JB | Syracusefan.com

JB vs JB

Michigan fans call Beilien JB as well...

Just posted on their forum on TOS... respectful saying it should be a good matchup and wished them good luck, etc.

Mods IP-banned me almost immediately... tools... either that or TOS site forums are down, which could be a possibility I suppose with high traffic on servers on game day...

Stat Line for the JB's

Our JB is 9-0 vs. their JB... and their JB has never seen the zone playing this well before...

I like our chances...

Wasn't Beilein known pretty well for his own contribution to zone defense the 1-3-1? So he does know zones. Beilein doesn't have the same level of players now that he had in our previous 9 meetings. I think he's an excellent coach and will have a very good gameplan for us - good for us is that his players haven't ever played against our zone.

my brother and I went to LeMoyne bball camp during summer for a few years. We both played locally in HS and my brother was getting looks from LeMoyne (didn't end up there).

During the 2003 Final Four in New Orleans I saw Beilein and his wife one night in a souvenir shop or similar type of place. He was the WVU coach at the time. I went up to him introduced myself said I went to his camp a few times. He remembered me, asked about my brother by name, asked if I were still in Syr, talked about that monster dunk Warrick had against them that year during the regular season, etc. Chatted for 15 mins always was a nice guy so I've always rooted for him but won't be this weekend!

One thing I always remembered from his camp - he as big on passing and ball movement. So he would ask for the fastest kid in camp. He would take the kid and put him on one baseline and stand next to him each with a ball as if they were going to race. Another coach would stand at midcourt and another at the opposite baseline. He would blow the whistle to start and the kid would head upcourt dribbling as fast as he could. Beilein would just whip an outlet pass to midcourt and that coach would turn and throw a bounce pass down to the other baseline beating the kid dribbling by 5 seconds. Point made that passing always better/faster than dribbling when pushing the ball upcourt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom