JB's fault? | Syracusefan.com

JB's fault?

B

BillSU

If you listened to his post - game comments he put the loss on his shoulders mentioning the tournament, scheduling Wisconsin followed by Georgetown. What’s your opinion? Anyone think the way we played had something to do with the outcome. IMO we have to be able to travel, win and come home and win again. Perhaps someone was playing out position? Poor foul shooting has to be addressed.

The team obviously looked 'out of it', so I can see Jim putting this on his shoulders. You have to look at the players too, but when you play this poorly, it's not uncommon for coaches to try to take some heat off of their players. Travelling like this doesn't get simulated again during the season or even in the NCCAT, so I'm not too concerned yet. I just hope it's an isolated incident and that we bounce back for G'town... which I fully expect we will.

Not much we can do to address foul shooting or players out of position. It is what it is; we're about as good at FT shooting as we're gonna be and we have a short bench that is going to result in some odd lineups whether we like it or not. Defensive rebounding should be points 1,2, and 3 on the 'to do' list of the next few practices. We lost because we couldn't rebound, plain and simple.

honest question as i haven't followed us closely yet. why doesn't frank howard get minutes. i

If you listened to his post - game comments he put the loss on his shoulders mentioning the tournament, scheduling Wisconsin followed by Georgetown. What’s your opinion? Anyone think the way we played had something to do with the outcome. IMO we have to be able to travel, win and come home and win again. Perhaps someone was playing out position? Poor foul shooting has to be addressed.

If that was his opinion, why not play some more guys? Tired legs don't get untired by playing nearly entire games.

we play in a thanksgiving tournament at every chance we get.

He didn't schedule the BIG 10/ACC challenge. We got lucky that our game was on the backend of it.

He should be talking about Coleman sitting on the bench watching wisconsin get rebound after rebound after rebound and the ball inside, the ball inside, the ball inside.

He said those things, at the very end of the PC, when asked about Saturday's game against the hated Hoyas. More importantly, and more to the point, I think, is the way he opened the PC. It was all about shooting; how you can't win shooting 50% from the FT line, or you can't sustain 50% from 3 like in the Bahamas. He stated Mali was 1 for 7, Lydon missed shots he normally makes, and TRob was mentally checked out. Those opening remarks are more to the point, and the schedule issue is a Red Herring.

Wisconsin had a road game with Oklahoma on Sunday.

They probably flew home Sunday night and then to Syracuse on Tuesday.

Syracuse has been home since Saturday.

If Cooney makes a better pass, we're probably not talking about this.

He said those things, at the very end of the PC, when asked about Saturday's game against the hated Hoyas. More importantly, and more to the point, I think, is the way he opened the PC. It was all about shooting; how you can't win shooting 50% from the FT line, or you can't sustain 50% from 3 like in the Bahamas. He stated Mali was 1 for 7, Lydon missed shots he normally makes, and TRob was mentally checked out. Those opening remarks are more to the point, and the schedule issue is a Red Herring.

Mali and Lydon were taking really bad shots yesterday. Surprising for Lydon, disturbing trend for Mali.

Mali deserved to go 3/11 last night (and really 2/11 if you take away the look waht i found to start the game.)

Mali and Lydon were taking really bad shots yesterday. Surprising for Lydon, disturbing trend for Mali.

Mali deserved to go 3/11 last night (and really 2/11 if you take away the look waht i found to start the game.)

Yep, the frosh shooting woes were their undoing last night. Throw in the missed FTs, and TRobs inability to shore up the rebounding, and welcome to the loss column. I think it will serve as a good wake up call.

Yep, the frosh shooting woes were their undoing last night. Throw in the missed FTs, and TRobs inability to shore up the rebounding, and welcome to the loss column. I think it will serve as a good wake up call.
I'm not surprised Wisconsin out rebounded us easily because they have out rebounded every team they have played. They've lost 3 games this season while still out rebounding the opposing team.

I think we just got caught in a horrible match up for a team since they are so absolutely BLESSED at getting rebounds.

Seriously? Guys miss free throws. Guys miss open shots but it's Cooneys pass that gets mentioned.

dasher said:
Seriously? Guys miss free throws. Guys miss open shots but it's Cooneys pass that gets mentioned.

It would have won the game.

Okay, I'll add that we shot poorly from the field, from the line, played poor interior defense, and couldn't out rebound a CYO team.

Other than that, we were fine.

I'm not surprised Wisconsin out rebounded us easily because they have out rebounded every team they have played. They've lost 3 games this season while still out rebounding the opposing team.

I think we just got caught in a horrible match up for a team since they are so absolutely BLESSED at getting rebounds.

I am not surprised at the team totals either. But that's no excuse for TRob to walk away with only 2 rebounds. It simply cannot happen. He is in the game to do just that, and if he doesn't turn that around, goodbye to playing time. I was encouraged with the foul line extended jumpers he took, that showed some development for him. They didn't fall, but they will. His rebounding has to stand out every night, he has shown he is capable of it.

The physical and mental rigors of travel (and transitioning back to Syracuse after being in the Bahamas) no doubt contributed to our flat performance. But IMO a larger factor was being unable to maintain our energy and intensity coming off 2 emotional wins last week, while looking ahead to the showdown vs. rival Georgetown. In football, Wisconsin would have been considered a trap game. In retrospect, playing a team like Colgate would have been a better buffer to transition from Atlantis to the Hoyas.

Okay, I'll add that we shot poorly from the field, from the line, played poor interior defense, and couldn't out rebound a CYO team.

When we had that lead in the 2nd and came up with empty possession after empty possession, hit a 3 or 2 there and it's probably too long for Wisconsin to come back.

It happens.

Or the other captain makes 1 of the 3 missed FT in the last few minutes. Which is easier, making a pass through traffic in the heat of a game or hitting an un-opposed shot. People should get off Cooney making a bad pass.

Last night's loss has nothing to do with scheduling, especially since the team had 5+ days off since the Tourney games.

They played like garbage, couldn't hit their FT's and got massacred on the boards. Wisconsin is not a good team this year and that was a game that should have been a W. It's going to come back to haunt us in March, especially if we have another stinker on Saturday.

We didn't schedule the Wisconsin game, it was scheduled for us, I probably would have tried to schedule the Gtown game for another day, maybe it wasn't possible, but I would rather have a cupcake coming off this loss.

Pass was tipped

Will Hop have a longer leash with DC being his position coach over the years?

Will Hop have a longer leash with DC being his position coach over the years?
I hope so! That was such an incomprehensible decision on Coach's part. That's why I kept thinking DC was hurt.

Last night's loss has nothing to do with scheduling, especially since the team had 5+ days off since the Tourney games.

They played like garbage, couldn't hit their FT's and got massacred on the boards. Wisconsin is not a good team this year and that was a game that should have been a W. It's going to come back to haunt us in March, especially if we have another stinker on Saturday.
Agreed, I think it will be a stinker and we'll be playing Colgate at 6-2 and be out of the top 25.

If that was his opinion, why not play some more guys? Tired legs don't get untired by playing nearly entire games.
all the wrong answers from jim---poorly coached game, again his poor development of bench, which we all already know is his main weakness. we have got to get minutes form howard and kaleb. sitting coleman was tragic---every loss will be on jb for not developing players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom