JB'S loyality to his players | Syracusefan.com

JB'S loyality to his players

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
is a very good quality to possess in a coach and as a person in general, it makes recruits more attracted to play for the hall of a famer, but when he said fab didnt hurt the team last year, and said it convincingly , i wasn't buying it, sometimes you have to be held accountable for your actions on and off the court and this was one of them. he hurt us big time, and disrespected the rest of the players, coaches for not being committed to hard work. what could of been we will never know!

Damn right. Staying mute on the matter would serve to increase the value of when he does defend his players. This Fab thing does not.

is a very good quality to possess in a coach and as a person in general, it makes recruits more attracted to play for the hall of a famer, but when he said fab didnt hurt the team last year, and said it convincingly , i wasn't buying it, sometimes you have to be held accountable for your actions on and off the court and this was one of them. he hurt us big time, and disrespected the rest of the players, coaches for not being committed to hard work. what could of been we will never know!
And bashing an ex player would help recruitong how?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

And bashing an ex player would help recruitong how?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
no where did i say to bash him, not touching the subject would of been perfecto.

Guess you could look at his response in two ways. JB didn't want the team to use any excuses for not performing. He and his players may have perceived it as JB having faith in them in getting the job done without Fab, giving them an unspoken public reminder that they overcame his abscence in a stretch during the season. If Fab "hurt the team", then he'd be admitting that his team, thus the players, were weaker and more vulnerable without him. Why give credence to Fab, who screwed up and his teammates that Fab was vital and irreplaceable in achieving their goals?

Guess you could look at his response in two ways. JB didn't want the team to use any excuses for not performing. He and his players may have perceived it as JB having faith in them in getting the job done without Fab, giving them an unspoken public reminder that they overcame his abscence in a stretch during the season. If Fab "hurt the team", then he'd be admitting that his team, thus the players, were weaker and more vulnerable without him. Why give credence to Fab, who screwed up and his teammates that Fab was vital and irreplaceable in achieving their goals?
It was pretty obvious that we were more vulnerable without fab, i dont think anyone would argue otherwise. But why go on record and brush it off like it was nothing and basically support his actions? I wish he would of just said no comment and left everyone to their own reasonings for him avoiding the question.

None of us have any idea what happened, and we will never know unless Fab decides to talk about it more. Commenting on whether JB handled this correctly or not is out of line.

None of us have any idea what happened, and we will never know unless Fab decides to talk about it more. Commenting on whether JB handled this correctly or not is out of line.
Out of line? How so? Id love to hear your reasoning on this.

I'm waiting for Fab's tell-all novel before I opine. I expect it to be a work of art, published in at least 3 different languages.

Whats said to the media and whats said behind closed doors are two different things.

Fab messed up, but for JB its not just about the program. Fab is trying to get drafted and JB wants to shed a more positive light on the subject. In the end we still had 2 very capable 5's and Oh St. may have been our max out point even with Fab.

Or maybe JB is hinting that the officiating in the Oh St game was the most bullsh!t thing he's seen in 30 years.

Out of line? How so? Id love to hear your reasoning on this.
As I read your post, it seemed that you were criticizing JB for comments he made about Fab. What he said may have been the absolute most appropriate thing to say, but nobody else knows because we don't know the facts. Therefore, making a critical post about an unknown subject seemed out of line to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom