JB's NBA players | Syracusefan.com

JB's NBA players

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
I tried to put together a list of all the SU players coached by JB who played in the NBA, even if they transferred in to SU or if they only had a cup of coffee in the NBA. This list is not in chronological order, sorry about that. Did I leave anybody out?

1 Louis Orr
2 Carmelo Anthony
3 Arinze Onuaku
4 Andy Rautins
5 Donte Greene
6 Chris McCullough
7 Fab Melo
8 Kris Joseph
9 Hakim Warrick
10 Pearl Washington
11 Derrick Coleman
12 Dion Waiters
13 Jonny Flynn
14 Demetris Nichols
15 Damone Brown
16 Billy Owens
17 Rony Seikaly
18 Danny Schayes
19 James Southerland
20 Lawrence Moten
21 Tyler Ennis
22 Darryl Watkins
23 Etan Thomas
24 Sherman Douglas
25 Jason Hart
26 Jerami Grant
27 Michael Carter-Williams
28 John Wallace
29 Wesley Johnson
30 Michael Gbinije
31 Malachi Richardson
32 Rakeem Christmas
33 Tyler Lydon
34 Leo Rautins
35 Andrew White III

I tried to put together a list of all the SU players coached by JB who played in the NBA, even if they transferred in to SU or if they only had a cup of coffee in the NBA. This list is not in chronological order, sorry about that. Did I leave anybody out?

1 Louis Orr
2 Carmelo Anthony
3 Arinze Onuaku
4 Andy Rautins
5 Donte Greene
6 Chris McCullough
7 Fab Melo
8 Kris Joseph
9 Hakim Warrick
10 Pearl Washington
11 Derrick Coleman
12 Dion Waiters
13 Jonny Flynn
14 Demetris Nichols
15 Damone Brown
16 Billy Owens
17 Rony Seikaly
18 Danny Schayes
19 James Southerland
20 Lawrence Moten
21 Tyler Ennis
22 Darryl Watkins
23 Etan Thomas
24 Sherman Douglas
25 Jason Hart
26 Jerami Grant
27 Michael Carter-Williams
28 John Wallace
29 Wesley Johnson
30 Michael Gbinije
31 Malachi Richardson
32 Rakeem Christmas
33 Tyler Lydon
34 Leo Rautins
35 Andrew White III

Dave Johnson definitely saw time with the Bulls for at least a season, maybe two.

Basketball reference has a good list - NBA & ABA Players Who Attended Syracuse University | Basketball-Reference.com

If you sort by various stats (PPG, career points, etc.) there are a few interesting results. First, we've had have limited success once players made NBA. Bing/Melo are borderline HOF, but lots of 1st round busts. Coleman/Seikley were OK but could have been better. Sherman was actually better than I remembered. Guess he was so money in college an average NBA career was a disappointment. Of course you can discuss this all in much more detail, and compare to other schools.

I think one positive takeaway is recruits see all the 1st round picks. Sure, many flame out. But they get drafted, and get the opportunity. If you don't get drafted, it is nearly impossible to ever play in the NBA, so you need that first step.

Surprised that Raf Addison only scored 2,200 points in such a long career. Did he bounce over to Europe at some point in the early '90s or something?

Surprised that Raf Addison only scored 2,200 points in such a long career. Did he bounce over to Europe at some point in the early '90s or something?

I think so. Feel like he wasn’t in the league in the early 90s, but I know he was on Detroit and Charlotte in the mid 90s.

I wish we had a comprehensive reference source that gave SU player's numbers in foreign leagues. That's where most of their careers seem to wind up.