JB's Postgame Presser | Northeastern | Syracusefan.com

JB's Postgame Presser | Northeastern

“Some of it was they missed shots.“ Exactly what I said, about Joe, in the game thread. He sees it, just choosing not to do anything about it.

He’s not a fan of Benny
I don’t want to kill the kid because he tries hard and we have other players that don’t always try hard, but it’s got to be extremely frustrating to see an athletic kid who was a top 40 HS player struggle so much into his second season. I know it’s frustrating to watch. He’s the wild card to this team. When he plays well we probably have a chance against good teams, but if he doesn’t we are toast.

I don’t want to kill the kid because he tries hard and we have other players that don’t always try hard, but it’s got to be extremely frustrating to see an athletic kid who was a top 40 HS player struggle so much into his second season. I know it’s frustrating to watch. He’s the wild card to this team. When he plays well we probably have a chance against good teams, but if he doesn’t we are toast.

Be great if he would just commit himself to defending and rebounding. Take a few shots and finish the breaks and easy ones but otherwise that's it. Right now feels like the trio of Brown, Copeland and Taylor is going to eventually overtake him. Sucks to see it play out this way.

They're afraid to ask tough questions.
I think I know some of these reporters better than anyone on the board. No one I know, is afraid to ask jb anything. No one. We have two reporters on this beat, that were at that presser, that have been named sports writer of the year in NY. Now, maybe a DO kid might be afraid. I hope not. But not anyone working in the field at a daily. Keep in mind, that when our program was at the top of the mountain, the local paper ran a story that crushed the hoop program. They weren't afraid of jb then. They aren't afraid of him now.

I think I know some of these reporters better than anyone on the board. No one I know, is afraid to ask jb anything. No one. We have two reporters on this beat, that were at that presser, that have been named sports writer of the year in NY. Now, maybe a DO kid might be afraid. I hope not. But not anyone working in the field at a daily. Keep in mind, that when our program was at the top of the mountain, the local paper ran a story that crushed the hoop program. They weren't afraid of jb then. They aren't afraid of him now.

Those writers wanted the next train out of town and an award for writing that stuff. But yeah otherwise agree.

Dash, you may be able to shed light on this rumor. I was led to believe that the first investigation was started due to personal animus by the Post Standard editor against JB.
Anything to that as far as you know.

Dash, you may be able to shed light on this rumor. I was led to believe that the first investigation was started due to personal animus by the Post Standard editor against JB.
Anything to that as far as you know.
That might or might not have been a factor. I know that when Raw Recruits came out and said that we were using a street agent, that was it.

Those writers wanted the next train out of town and an award for writing that stuff. But yeah otherwise agree.
You mean Lighti and Foster, right?

Yeah, they spoke to one of my classes like they were heroes for running down Fred Grimaldi and Bill Rapp.
When I called the editor to complain, great inside story I might tell you someday, I complained that they would not have run the story if they knew that was the story they were going to come up with. They thought they would get a lot more than the story they ran with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom