JB's Presser after Bucknell | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Bucknell

Who was the reporter who engaged Jim in a back and forth about Frank Howard?

Very interesting how much he defended Frank Howard, I have always felt the same way about him but have been in the minority.
Not in JB’s best interest to speak poorly about a past player.

Frank’s biggest problem was that he had poor vision running the point. That prevented him from getting out in transition. It wasn’t that he was poor from an individual scoring perspective (which was the weird inference JB drew from the question).

Not in JB’s best interest to speak poorly about a past player.

Frank’s biggest problem was that he had poor vision running the point. That prevented him from getting out in transition. It wasn’t that he was poor from an individual scoring perspective (which was the weird inference JB drew from the question).

His other big problem was failing drug tests at the worst time ;)

It wasn’t that he was poor from an individual scoring perspective (which was the weird inference JB drew from the question).

I'm not sure that was a "weird inference" given that that's exactly what the question was. He didn't ask who generated more offense, he asked who provided it.

Who was the reporter who engaged Jim in a back and forth about Frank Howard?
I‘m guessing it was a young kid from the daily orange or something. He would have unloaded if it was someone like Donna or Mike. The last line was the best, I’m not up here for you to agree with me.

Objectively, the guy has a point, but Boeheim's not the right guy to take that up with. He's not going to say anything that could come across as critical of a four-year player who left the program on good terms, especially at the expense of gassing up a guy who's played four games (as impressive as he's been).

The Big Three question was about as dumb as it gets, though. Maybe the regular DO reporter went home early for Thanksgiving.

"We let a guy get 25 points inside that nobody recruited. How the hell does that happen." To me that one quote made it an iconic presser. The other stuff he did with a reporter, kid's stuff compared to this:
and this, especially around the 2:20 mark:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom