JB's Presser after ND | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after ND

Even tempered presser JB, well suffer the idiot that asked him why we aren't getting more assists.

For some reason JB looks like his head was photo shopped on his shoulders in that video, maybe because it looks like he's got no neck.

That's all I've got.

An entertaining part was his lecturing the press on their current fixation on “ number of assists” as some sort or indicator.

He told them it was a meaningless measure unless they knew what he was trying to achieve.

“The idea is to win games.”

When mismatches exist he intends to exploit them especially with Elijah and Buddy. This kind of ISO tactic yields far fewer assists, he said.

JB vacillates between thinking the press is stupid and giving them too much credit when he asks in response to a question he feels is unnecessary, “Did you watch the game?”

More complimentary towards the team then he has been this year. I believe he's starting to think they may show promise.

I don't remember him ever giving as high and lengthy compliments to an opposing player as he did towards Mooney.
probably because they are playing better and making fewer mistakes. He said Girards play as a freshman was better than he expected.

JBs pressers contain less “coach speak” and more info than any coach sessions I see.

More complimentary towards the team then he has been this year. I believe he's starting to think they may show promise.

I don't remember him ever giving as high and lengthy compliments to an opposing player as he did towards Mooney.
(I have not yet watched the video)

He did say this about ... Otto Porter (granted this was immediately after Fair dunked on him, so JAB was kinda punch drunk).
“If I’m picking, I pick him (Porter) first in the draft,” Boeheim told a small group of reporters in the hallway at Madison Square Garden “I don’t even look at anybody else. I pick him first in the draft. I think he’s the best. I think he’ll be a great pro. ... There’s been so many great players, but centers, power forwards, point guards, two guards, but I don’t think I’ve seen a better small forward in this league. He’s just a complete player."

probably because they are playing better and making fewer mistakes. He said Girards play as a freshman was better than he expected.

JBs pressers contain less “coach speak” and more info than any coach sessions I see.

JB's presser are always interesting, at least, entertainment at their best, although short of the Mike Leach level. When I hear the assistants in their shows, both Autry and Griffin are purposely as bland as they can make it. GMAC shows some intensity and some humor. Not that any decision will made based on this. We just need to know what to expect so we won't be disappointed after so many years of Jim's fireworks and sardonic humor.

Last edited:
JB's presser are always interesting, at least, entertainment at their best, although short of the Mike Leach level. When I hear the assistants in their shows, Both Autry and Griffin are purposely as bland as they can make it. GMAC shows some intensity and some humor. Not that any decision will made based on this. We just need to know what to expect so we won't be disappointed after so many years of Jim's fireworks and sardonic humor.

The funny thing to me is that only SU fans will recognize that this was JB in a really good mood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom