JB's Presser after UConn | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UConn

JAB is always good theater but Matt Moyer's post game comments were special. Not sure how anyone could ever not root for him. I hope he ends up having an all time career.
What were his comments? I missed it.

What were his comments? I missed it.

JB said Moyer has "played horribly all year. That's being nice" A question was asked about 3 pt % and JB said we have been bad from 3 all year. Then he sais we got a 3 that won't happen again this year, from that guy. Our game is crashing the boards and getting to foul line.

LOL He was in a good mood for this one. I've noticed he is usally like this towards the begining of the season and as it gets deeper in and the questions are the same ones we see cantankerous JB.

JB is going to Springsteen today apparently

For me the highlight was:
Reporter: They had a chance to get it down to 5 and did you say anything to them about that.
Boeheim: Yeah I said don't let them get it down to 5.

I love Boeheim but sometimes his coaching is comically simplistic. I talked to a former player (from the early 2000s) once, and asked him what Boeheim would say in the huddle during timeouts. He told me one time Boeheim called at TO in a close game against UConn and specifically told the player "I need you to get a steal on their next possession". The player gambled for a steal and came up short, then UConn got a dunk because he was so far out of position. Next timeout Boeheim said to him "I told you to get a steal, not give up a dunk!"

JB said Moyer has "played horribly all year. That's being nice" A question was asked about 3 pt % and JB said we have been bad from 3 all year. Then he sais we got a 3 that won't happen again this year, from that guy. Our game is crashing the boards and getting to foul line.

LOL He was in a good mood for this one. I've noticed he is usally like this towards the begining of the season and as it gets deeper in and the questions are the same ones we see cantankerous JB.

JB is going to Springsteen today apparently

I think he was in a pretty good mood and on general good behavior because it was a national event/TV, Jimmy V, etc. I think behind closed doors he’s going to let the team have it and will show some displeasure. Needing Moyer to play like this to beat UConn is not good. That last 4:00 of the 1H and beginning of the 2H was not good. I think key to the season is Brissett’s continued improvement to be another ISO guy who can get buckets. TBD if too much Frank hero ball is going to be good or bad. Not sure what kind of/how many sets this team can execute in the halfcourt. Not much.

I love Boeheim but sometimes his coaching is comically simplistic. I talked to a former player (from the early 2000s) once, and asked him what Boeheim would say in the huddle during timeouts. He told me one time Boeheim called at TO in a close game against UConn and specifically told the player "I need you to get a steal on their next possession". The player gambled for a steal and came up short, then UConn got a dunk because he was so far out of position. Next timeout Boeheim said to him "I told you to get a steal, not give up a dunk!"

keeping it simple and letting players play is the genius of the coaching imo. keep it simple stupid.

According to JB that shot will not happen again this season! I think if he is open Moyer might throw it up again. Should be fun to watch how the evolution of Moyer's play goes this season with the shot's JB wants for him verses the shots he takes.

that may have been my favorite player interview ever.
Right. Hopefully Moyer has a bunch more great games. He's like a kid in a candy store with a ton of passion. I could watch that interview ten more times.

JAB is always good theater but Matt Moyer's post game comments were special. Not sure how anyone could ever not root for him. I hope he ends up having an all time career.

Don't get the need to crap on the kid in the press conference. He had a good game. Leave it at that.

Don't get the need to crap on the kid in the press conference. He had a good game. Leave it at that.
In JB’s defense, after his sarcastic comment, he praised Moyer’s game again and said he was hopeful he would be able to build on this performance.

I don't think JB was crapping on the kid really. I think it is sort of his way of keeping Moyer grounded. He is basically saying it was a good game and we needed him but he has to play like this more because he hasn't played like this yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom