JB's Presser after UNCG | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UNCG

"I thought John played maybe the worst game he's played all year."

"I just thought he was... really the worst."

"He was... terrible tonight. He might play better in the morning. Hopefully he will. We'll see."

"I thought John played maybe the worst game he's played all year."

"I just thought he was... really the worst."

"He was... terrible tonight. He might play better in the morning. Hopefully he will. We'll see."

Unrelated, but I increasingly think Lydon HATES playing with Gillon. Like, HATES IT. More than I hate Georgetown even!

I think he would prefer Roberson as PG.

Unrelated, but I increasingly think Lydon HATES playing with Gillon. Like, HATES IT. More than I hate Georgetown even! Lol

Agreed. Can't blame him either, nothing worse than playing with a PG that just doesn't hit you when you're open, doesn't get it to you in the right spots, doesn't get it to you in rhythm, dribbles too much, etc.

Gillon is a good player, but he's be best suited to coming off the bench as a spark, or playing alongside a Rautins type that handles a lot of the playmaking duties.

Agreed. Can't blame him either, nothing worse than playing with a PG that just doesn't hit you when you're open, doesn't get it to you in the right spots, doesn't get it to you in rhythm, dribbles too much, etc.

Gillon is a good player, but he's be best suited to coming off the bench as a spark, or playing alongside a Rautins type that handles a lot of the playmaking duties.

Even if Gillon does feed Lydon... Lydon will probably pump fake a wide open layup and travel

Unrelated, but I increasingly think Lydon HATES playing with Gillon. Like, HATES IT. More than I hate Georgetown even!

Saw that in the game several times. He'd much rather have Frank out there. That one where Lydon motioned for Gillon to throw the alley oop and of course John didn't was a perfect example. I thought Lydon was going to pop an aneurysm.

We need to find a distributor next year with if Lydon is back with Thompson and Battle in the fold. Our pg won't need to score much me thinks.

Saw that in the game several times. He'd much rather have Frank out there. That one where Lydon motioned for Gillon to throw the alley oop and of course John didn't was a perfect example. I thought Lydon was going to pop an aneurysm.

Even when Howard came in he seemed immediately more assertive. I think he realizes he may get a touch with a chance to score, so he plays more aggressive.

And, like you're saying, he has been noticeably more demonstrative with his frustration when Gillon misses him of late. Lol

Even when Howard came in he seemed immediately more assertive. I think he realizes he may get a touch with a chance to score, so he plays more aggressive.

And, like you're saying, he has been noticeably more demonstrative with his frustration when Gillon misses him of late. Lol
He should be. He is trying to play smart basketball. I don't blame Gillon, he just doesn't have good court vision.

Been saying it all year. Lydon has actually improved a lot this year. We just have Gillon, who's not a great distributor, and can't find him open ESPECIALLY downlow.

Lydon's comfort zone is not 5 feet off the 3 point line. It's within 18 feet. John Gillon never works to get him open or finds him open in there. It's honestly probably been the difference of at least 2 wins for us in my opinion.

Anyone else surprised Frank got that many minutes? I keep hearing he's gone, but we keep giving him minutes.
Yeah, I was trying to figure that out as well. But, in the presser JB mentioned how badly Gillon was, maybe it was just because Gillon was bad and not because they are trying to give Howard minutes to develop.

Yeah, I was trying to figure that out as well. But, in the presser JB mentioned how badly Gillon was, maybe it was just because Gillon was bad and not because they are trying to give Howard minutes to develop.

Hasn't happened previously, and I can think of games Gillon played just as badly. It's very curious.

Things that make you go, hmmmm.

I think it was interesting after the game that Lydon said he loves playing with Frank. Apparently not all of his teammates hate him.

Anyone else surprised Frank got that many minutes? I keep hearing he's gone, but we keep giving him minutes.

If these were NCAA tourney games, he'd be riding the pine, but the NIT is an opportunity for him to practice and audition for the starting job next season if the team doesn't bring in a fifth year transfer or miraculously lands Waters.

I don't have an issue with Frank Howard. He's a 2 being forced to play the 1. This is a position that he was expected to be tutored by Kaleb Joseph, but since that didn't work out he was thrown into fire much like KJ was. Frank has flaws to his game such as suspect handling for a guard and needs to improve his jumpshot as well as decision making. He just needs to work hard this Summer.

I think it was interesting after the game that Lydon said he loves playing with Frank. Apparently not all of his teammates hate him.

I think AW3 has been a good add to the team...not sure on JG. Wonder if some of the comments made about Frank earlier in the season were inaccurate? Or if Lydon has truly become so frustrated with JG that he sees Frank as a better option...

If these were NCAA tourney games, he'd be riding the pine, but the NIT is an opportunity for him to practice and audition for the starting job next season if the team doesn't bring in a fifth year transfer or miraculously lands Waters.

I don't have an issue with Frank Howard. He's a 2 being forced to play the 1. This is a position that he was expected to be tutored by Kaleb Joseph, but since that didn't work out he was thrown into fire much like KJ was. Frank has flaws to his game such as suspect handling for a guard and needs to improve his jumpshot as well as decision making. He just needs to work hard this Summer.

I actually think Frank has better vision than JG. Handling, decision making and jumpshot can be improved upon, I don't think vision really can...it seems either you have good vision or you don't...

I actually think Frank has better vision than JG. Handling, decision making and jumpshot can be improved upon, I don't think vision really can...it seems either you have good vision or you don't...

I wouldn't disagree at all. He does have better vision. Despite it being the non-conference against non P5 competition, you don't have the number of assists he had if you don't see the floor well.

The height differential is a real factor.

The height differential is a real factor.

Meh...not sure if I really agree with that...there are PGs his size that don't have the issues he has...I am not trying to knock the kid, some people have talents and some don't...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom