JB's remarks about ACC scheduling... | Syracusefan.com

JB's remarks about ACC scheduling...

Jake

Mod
Not sure if its been mentioned, but JB took a not so subtle jab at the fact that SU is playing Saturday / Monday against a team tomorrow night that had the weekend off.

JB hinted that was a no-no under big east scheduling practice.

"I guess you guys do that down here...".

LOL. he's a Motherf'er sometimes.

Their last game was Tuesday, when they beat Wake. We have played two games since then and tomorrow will be our third in six days. If I recall correctly, the Big East had a policy that if one team played a Monday after a Saturday game their Monday opponent had to have done the same.

I loved JB's snark when he said "I guess you guys do that down here..." He was clearly playing the "Us vs them" card. I suspect we will see a little chip on the shoulder of those Orange jerseys tomorrow night (I just hope to goodness the shorts match this time!)

Jake said:
Not sure if its been mentioned, but JB took a not so subtle jab at the fact that SU is playing Saturday / Monday against a team tomorrow night that had the weekend off. JB hinted that was a no-no under big east scheduling practice. "I guess you guys do that down here...". LOL. he's a Motherf'er sometimes.
K talked about it too post game. Not a coincidence

That scheduling point makes it a little more believable that boeheim's heel turn was premeditated

Sometimes you have to make a scene. People are deathly afraid of a scene.

K talked about it too post game. Not a coincidence

That scheduling point makes it a little more believable that boeheim's heel turn was premeditated

Sometimes you have to make a scene. People are deathly afraid of a scene.

I thought K's reference was in regards to them to them having the makeup game on the thursday before a saturday packed in with all the other games and he responded about resting players accordingly and stuff. I could be wrong though because I didn't hear the exact question in the press conference and that obviously has something to do with the acc schedule. I just thought he was referring more to them sticking the makeup game in the middle of a big week for them not talking about the original schedule/ scheduling practices.

Couldn't this be a function of the ACC not giving them a Saturday home game on their way out the door?

Why the heck would the ACC try to intentionally make it easier for MD to beat SU. That makes no sense.

Couldn't this be a function of the ACC not giving them a Saturday home game on their way out the door?
Maybe. But they also gave the Terps an edge in tomorrow night's game.

Can't believe the league would do anything so positive for UMd this season.

Doesn't have to be intentional in favor of Maryland, which is doubtful, just somebody asleep at the wheel when putting together schedules.

I do question a roadie to Carolina followed by one off day and a roadie to DC. I'd imagine the team went straight to DC no?

Doesn't have to be intentional in favor of Maryland, which is doubtful, just somebody asleep at the wheel when putting together schedules.

I do question a roadie to Carolina followed by one off day and a roadie to DC. I'd imagine the team went straight to DC no?
Yep.

Not that big of a deal. Coaches always knock some aspect of their schedule.

Pitt hadn't played since last Saturday but they didn't benefit from the long rest when they lost to Florida State tonight.

Coach K was talking about having to play four games in eight days after the Carolina game was postponed. The Tar Heels also played their fourth game in eight days yesterday.

Go Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom