Jeff Goodman | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Goodman

CraigForth

Starter
On his rankings of best tourney coaches had this to says concerning JB

7. Jim Boeheim, Syracuse Orange

He gets hammered by some for his coaching ability (or lack thereof), but Boeheim has gone to four Final Fours and won a national title in 2003.

Who hammers him for a lack of coaching ability? Last time I checked he is in the HOF

It's a telephone game cliche that people say without thinking

On his rankings of best tourney coaches had this to says concerning JB

7. Jim Boeheim, Syracuse Orange

He gets hammered by some for his coaching ability (or lack thereof), but Boeheim has gone to four Final Fours and won a national title in 2003.

Who hammers him for a lack of coaching ability? Last time I checked he is in the HOF
Well, he won those games on accident/in spite of himself.

While it may not be a direct attack on his coaching ability, there is the belief out there that we consistently get bumped out on the opening weekend.

I wonder where we rank on the list of teams with the most second weekend appearances since the tourney expanded to 64. I can't imagine we are outside the Top 7 or so.

It's a telephone game cliche that people say without thinking

I definitely think that the dialogue on Boeheim has changed since he won in 2003 [and starting changing for the better back in 1996]. Before then, he was a guy who just rolled the ball out. Now, he gets a lot of credit for being a defensive innovator.

Funny.

the fact that Roy Williams is number 11 on the list supports the fact that Jeff Goodman is talking out of his %$^.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom