Jerami #17 on Latest Big Board | Syracusefan.com

Jerami #17 on Latest Big Board

OrangeTown

Starter
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ba-draft-incredible-depth-make-2014-best-ever

Not sure if you can read all the way to 17 without insider...

"Grant didn't play a huge role for Syracuse as a freshman, but scouts are expecting him to play a much bigger role this season. Grant is another great athlete who can shoot the basketball and excel in transition. He was looking good for Team USA in the U-19 practices before coming down with mononucleosis and being scratched from the team. If he has a breakout season the way Michael Carter-Williams had, it's not out of the question that he goes in the lottery."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ba-draft-incredible-depth-make-2014-best-ever

"Grant didn't play a huge role for Syracuse as a freshman, but scouts are expecting him to play a much bigger role this season. Grant is another great athlete who can shoot the basketball and excel in transition. He was looking good for Team USA in the U-19 practices before coming down with mononucleosis and being scratched from the team. If he has a breakout season the way Michael Carter-Williams had, it's not out of the question that he goes in the lottery."

We will have the best front court in a very long time.
There. He said what everyone should be feeling.
Everyone!
11798518-large.jpg

It is nice for our guys to get rated highly and be well thought of. I have great enthusiasm for Grant and think he will be awesome, but the whole NBA draft seems to be going crazy lately. To think a guy like senior Demetris Nichols barely got a sniff and Jerami Grant is being projected borderline lottery right now is a little off-kilter in my mind. Honestly it speaks to the incredible increase in stature the program has experienced since 2009 more than anything else.

I'm a little surprised he's that high on the radar at this point. I wonder how much of that is because of his last name.

I'm not an Insider so I have to ask...where is CJ Fair on this list??

It is nice for our guys to get rated highly and be well thought of. I have great enthusiasm for Grant and think he will be awesome, but the whole NBA draft seems to be going crazy lately. To think a guy like senior Demetris Nichols barely got a sniff and Jerami Grant is being projected borderline lottery right now is a little off-kilter in my mind. Honestly it speaks to the incredible increase in stature the program has experienced since 2009 more than anything else.
It also speaks to just how much more potential is valued now. Grant has good size and athleticism. That alone seems to make him a top 20 pick. This is of course no fault of his own. I think just about everyone who watched him is happy with his freshman season. But I do hope he can stay focused on getting better and helping the go further rather than his status on the draft board. But I've seen no reason to beleive he can't.

I love his energy but I still want to see him knock down the J's. I think he'll be more than fine with his inside moves to the basket.

I'm a little surprised he's that high on the radar at this point. I wonder how much of that is because of his last name.

Not sure on ESPN, but at NBADraft.net Jerami is #16 and CJ #30. Makes sense since NBA is so much more about potential than production. I thin CJ could climb sildly into the high 20's with his expected good season. If he keeps the same 3 pt% but increases his frequency He could be talking lottery. He's such a solid player that if he excels in any area he will climb the board.

Fair isnt in the top 30.. and he didnt even make the "Next 5 in". that is very surprising to me

Well, this iteration of the list only shows the top 30, as well as the "next 5 in", and he is not on there anywhere.

However, they did a list the day after the draft this year which had C.J. at 53 as second round/undrafted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom