Jerami Grant cost us this one | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant cost us this one

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Knocking that basket in for 'Nova in the first half.

Kidding. But that play and then Triche stumbling on that last drive are the perfect two plays to summarize how the majority of this game went for us.

Kidding. But that play and then Triche stumbling on that last drive are the perfect two plays to summarize how the majority of this game went for us.
i dont think we got many bounces our way and very few loose balls. Just wasn't our day. Offensively we did nothing and we can't win on our good looks alone.

It appeared Nova got every bounce, and they most definitely out hustled us today. You want to blame it on something, blame the missed FTs blame it on the hundred missed layups blame it on the all American guy who. Played hero ball and failed down the stretch.

Grant was actually one of our best players, and was fantastic at the strt of the half. We knew foul trouble was a possibility and we didn't play DC enough early to avoid the possibility of foul trouble happening.

Of course you dont mention the fact that are star PG played like crap...

Well if you want to look at it like that...DC2's 2 FT bricks the first minute of the game cost us huge. If could have only made 1 of them...

Well if you want to look at it like that...DC2's 2 FT bricks the first minute of the game cost us huge. If could have only made 1 of them...
Sorry but you have to look at it in context. Up 6 under 2, you don't lose. The last time I have experienced this kind of meltdown was Paul Harris vs Pitt at the dome. Supposed All Americans know who to get the ball to and don't miss every crucial FT they take.

This thread was complete sarcasm, fyi. But the point was that many things seemingly didn't go our way, unlike in the Louisville and Cincy games.

This thread was complete sarcasm, fyi. But the point was that many things seemingly didn't go our way, unlike in the Louisville and Cincy games.
I know. I'm jus being sarcastic too.

It appeared Nova got every bounce, and they most definitely out hustled us today. You want to blame it on something, blame the missed FTs blame it on the hundred missed layups blame it on the all American guy who. Played hero ball and failed down the stretch.

Grant was actually one of our best players, and was fantastic at the strt of the half. We knew foul trouble was a possibility and we didn't play DC enough early to avoid the possibility of foul trouble happening.
This is the scenario I have been worried about all year. LET COLEMAN PLAY!! Apologists always point to 900 wins, but goddamm it JB makes alot of strategic errors.

Grant is far and away a better player than I expected him to be. I saw a couple of his games last year, and thought he was not assertive enough and didn't even play impressively/dominantly against HS competition. I didn't expect to see this kind of play from him for another two years. Can't wait to see him next year. Stronger and with more minutes/experience... I wish MCW had hit him with a pass when he was wide open on the wing, after he had just hit the first three. Would have been a quick shot, but he was wide open, and feeling it.

re: Coleman and JB...
I wish JB would stop the practice of promising starting positions. At this point, it's disturbing that our starter is now only an Emergency Contingency Option to be used only in the event there are no other scholarship bodies available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom