Jerami Grant | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant

iommi

Living Legend
Where was he tonight? I'm glad Southerland is back but it really sucks that Grant only got token court time tonight. Grant deserves 20 minutes every night.

And no Cooney tonight at all? Our guards will wear down if they play 40 minutes.

If Cooney only gives 5 minutes, it will do it's job of giving BT and MCW rest, especially in a game that is up and down.

I mean our guards were really good tonight. Triche had 29, MCW had like 15 and 9 boards, and we only had 4 turnovers as a team.

I mean our guards were really good tonight. Triche had 29, MCW had like 15 and 9 boards, and we only had 4 turnovers as a team.
Yes, they were good but they still need a rest.

If Cooney only gives 5 minutes, it will do it's job of giving BT and MCW rest, especially in a game that is up and down.

That's right. Just enough to give the starters a quick blow so they don't have to play 40.

Where was he tonight? I'm glad Southerland is back but it really sucks that Grant only got token court time tonight. Grant deserves 20 minutes every night.

And no Cooney tonight at all? Our guards will wear down if they play 40 minutes.
Yup, I have to admit, even towards the end when it seemed in hand, Cooney could have given MCW or Triche a little breather, and Jerami didn't seem aggressive enough in those beginning stages, but could have pitched in. I thought I saw Rak limping at one point, but he came back in.

That's right. Just enough to give the starters a quick blow so they don't have to play 40.

Could be the difference between winning and losing if it comes down to free throws. Fts=all about legs and concentration.

Once we got off to the slow start and JB didn't put Cooney in the game during the first half, it would have taken a blow out to get him in the game in the 2nd half. He almost never plays the second half.

They have played like turd lately.
I admit they did need to get their stuff together. But all of these guys need to play with heart every game going forward. No more excuses for them as this is a talented team. I know they have fire, but they can't keep letting up after stringing together a few wins. We should not fear one team in the BE. I don't really think we should consider losing any of these last 6 games. We can and should beat every team left. F Ville, F GTown F Scrappy A$$ Marquette

I don't know about anyone else, but i was really frustrated watching Grant play the first 7 mins in the first half and then get the coleman treatment the rest of the game. i mean 7 total mins and 0 in the 2nd half? talk about crushing someone's confidence going into the home stretch, i'm sorry, but i just don't get it. he is our best interior defender, and probably best rebounder. southerland leaves a lot to be desired on defense, and on the glass. i just don't get it

why use cooney when there are actual eligible bodies that are capable of getting the sphere to at least make contact with the metal object ten feet above the ground.

JB says over and over again that guys can play 40 minutes with all the timeouts and TV timeouts in the game today. Others may not believe it but he has said it year in and year out.

Add up the time they get to rest during the timeouts. Unless the game is up and down for a protracted period of time, with no fouls or timeouts, they really don't need anymore then they are getting.

I would agree that unless we are playing up and down basketball or facing an in your face defense like Lousville, the gurds can go the full 40. I think the other issue is that Cooney is going to be counted on at some point through foul trouble or something and he needs to gain some confidence. My hope was that this would occur during the Seton Hall, Providence and DePaul games.

As for Grant, I think it is going to be tough because they want JSouth in there to stretch the defense and CJ does so much all around.

JB correctly believes these kids are perfectly capable of playing 40min every night. They are 18-20 years old and can play all day. Trevor hasn't proven himself at this level yet.

JB says over and over again that guys can play 40 minutes with all the timeouts and TV timeouts in the game today. Others may not believe it but he has said it year in and year out.
I don't know about that...having played intramural YMCA ball and coaching 9-12 year olds myself, just gives me unique insight from my 15 inch computer screen to judge if elite athletes need a rest...Boeheim knows schlit.

JB correctly believes these kids are perfectly capable of playing 40min every night. They are 18-20 years old and can play all day. Trevor hasn't proven himself at this level yet.
Exactly...Brandon didn't exactly look winded when he drained that three at the end of the game.

Seton Hall is bad. Their perimeter defense was terrible. Would've been nice to see Cooney/Grant get more time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom