Jerome Smith | Syracusefan.com

Jerome Smith

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Early reports from camp said he was playing too upright. Wheatley really must have coached him well, because he came on and did a heck of a job for us in spot situations. Seems like TW is having success with recruiting and coaching thus far, which was a question mark coming into this gig. Running lower, Smith is going to be terrific in the coming years.

Smith is a kid that I'm really looking forward to next year.

Should have played more this year. I think he would have helped this offense a lot more if he was on the field more

Big Jerome Smith fan here. His game against Pitt was fantastic and hopefully we see more of that from him next year.

The guy we saw at the end of the year was a player who improved as the season went on. Smith seemed to struggle with pass protection and ran too high at the start of the season. There has been a lot of negative talk about the coaching staff on here lately, some much deserved, but this is a kid who responded to good coaching.

I admit he looked better down the stretch, but I'm not sold on this guy as any type of effective tailback. I'd prefer to see him grow into a Tony Fiametta type back.

Count me as a Smith fan also. He may not hit many home runs but he runs hard, falls forward and hasn't put it on the ground (i don't think). AAM is going to have to have a heck of an offseason to beat him out (which could happen as the biggest jump is from Fr. to So.). I'm glad both wear orange.

I think the important thing to remember is that just because AAM and Smith are bigger backs, doesn't mean they are in direct competition. AAM will be a power runner with a little bit of finesse once he loses a few pounds. Smith is more like a finesse runner with power. He has very good feet and is patient for a bigger back. Gulley will be that guy that hits the hole hard, becomes a receiving option, and rips off 25 yard bursts. This group will be best if all three are getting equal carries, can stay fresh, and act as changeups from the previous back. Because I don't think one will run away with the job, and all three have value, this would be the year that I could see SWC getting what he wants.

I admit he looked better down the stretch, but I'm not sold on this guy as any type of effective tailback. I'd prefer to see him grow into a Tony Fiametta type back.
ya mean a starter for the dallas cowboys? me too

I've posted this elsewhere, but I would love for him to be a Csona-type FB for us. He's definitely big enough to do the job blocking, but he could also add the dimension of being a real running threat. Put him with Gulley when you have 2 RB sets.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I would love for him to be a Csona-type FB for us. He's definitely big enough to do the job blocking, but he could also add the dimension of being a real running threat. Put him with Gulley when you have 2 RB sets.
I like the idea of playing two backs who are a threat to break a big play. I have been saying for two months that this team has been playing 9 on 11 on offense. Do you think AAM or Smith would be a better FB?

Jerome Smith as a FB over Ameen-Moore? What are you people talking about?

Rome will be a RB. Ameen-Moore will be a RB. This isn't a topic up for discussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom