Jerome was invited to the NFL combine | Syracusefan.com

Jerome was invited to the NFL combine

any chance that frame can handle 15-20lbs more without losing any of whatever speed he has??

of course he would need a willingness to block too.

any chance that frame can handle 15-20lbs more without losing any of whatever speed he has??

of course he would need a willingness to block too.

I'd say he is as big as he is going to get without losing any quickness or speed but what do I know.

I have a hard time thinking he will stick if Carter barely did. I think Carter was a better overall back and had a worse college line. Only an opinion, wish him the best and hopefully he tears up the combine.

I'd say he is as big as he is going to get without losing any quickness or speed but what do I know.

I have a hard time thinking he will stick if Carter barely did. I think Carter was a better overall back and had a worse college line. Only an opinion, wish him the best and hopefully he tears up the combine.
I agree, we had some decent backs recently in Dee Brown, Curtis Brinkly, Delone Carter, James Mungro, Walter Reyes all of whom I believe were far more talented than Rome. With that said if he is able to find a niche somewhere that would be great. I wish him all the luck. He has a great work ethic.

Last edited:
I agree, we had some decent backs recently in Dee Brown, Curtis Brinkly, Delone Carter, James Mungro, Walter Reyes all of whom I believe were far more talented than Rome. With that said if he is able to find a niche somewhere that would be great. I wish him all the luck. He has a great work ethic.

Kyle Johnson might be a good comparison. Tough runner who played several years with the Broncos. Not as talented as a runner as the names above but smart, solid blocker, and physical.

True. I believe our most successful back in recent years is Fiammetta. If Rome wants to block he can do something like that. Vonta Leach has made a career out of it.

True. I believe our most successful back in recent years is Fiammetta. If Rome wants to block he can do something like that. Vonta Leach has made a career out of it.

True. And most of that is just getting into the right situation.

I hope he surprises everyone. Great kid.
Go Jerome!

Vonta was a very good LB first, then moved to fullback in college. I don't think it's at all easy to just jump to fullback at the next level with no prior experience with the banging that goes on. Jerome doesn't fit the fullback mentality to me at all. If he's got a shot I think it's at RB, imo.

combine is going to be huge for him. will make or break him. i think he will time out well.

combine is going to be huge for him. will make or break him. i think he will time out well.
I'm sure his time will be good. It will be interesting to see his time at Indy, to see if it's what's been reported on the hill. Because out of the 38 RB's at the combine last year, 18 ran 4.6 or slower.

Kyle Johnson might be a good comparison. Tough runner who played several years with the Broncos. Not as talented as a runner as the names above but smart, solid blocker, and physical.
LeGarrette Blount is who he should try to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom