jerry palm new bracket out | Syracusefan.com

jerry palm new bracket out

i think we would slap kentucky around. ncst would be a good game but in the end, you'd have gottfried on the ncst bench. that's a win for us.

Kentecky would be completely lost against the zone.

I always thought Palm's brackets kind of sucked.

And if your "doing a prediction" you actually have to make projections. I have no problem with the "as of now" approach, but don't call it something else.

I always thought Palm's brackets kind of sucked.

And if your "doing a prediction" you actually have to make projections. I have no problem with the "as of now" approach, but don't call it something else.

Palm is the best in the business ans over the years been the most accurate. He's the only one that's had the ear of the NCAA.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Palm is the best in the business ans over the years been the most accurate. He's the only one that's had the ear of the NCAA.

He may have the ear of the NCAA committee on selection weekend, but he is not great at putting a bracket together during the year.

He may have the ear of the NCAA committee on selection weekend, but he is not great at putting a bracket together during the year.

because its a joke to do it during the year.

nc state was a 2 seed earlier this year. Now they are a 7 seed? Why... because their performance changed.

He isn't predicting where the teams end up. He is predicting their seeds if the season ended today.

Totally disagree that he is the best in the business. There are now many that are good at putting a bracket together, if you take the time to do it. In fact I would say their is nobody really elite at it -- its not a mystery once one takes a few years to understand the metrics and what the committee does.

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/rankings.html (he is 34th out of 65 on his final bracket)

He may have the ear of the NCAA committee on selection weekend, but he is not great at putting a bracket together during the year -- and to me that is where the most value is gained... is my team tracking or not.

If Miami lands a 1 seed I'll poop my pants.
I was going to say ... nice team and all, but they seem to be weak statistically and, outside of Duke, the ACC is pretty down this year.

because its a joke to do it during the year.

nc state was a 2 seed earlier this year. Now they are a 7 seed? Why... because their performance changed.

He isn't predicting where the teams end up. He is predicting their seeds if the season ended today.

Its not a joke doing it during the year. Of course things change - what is your point?

Value is gained during the year because you want to know where your team is currently tracking. Syracuse is lucky that is has continously been a 1-3 seed so if you are on the bubble it really doesn't matter.

In terms of putting together a bracket at year-end, many people do it - and apparently 33 out of 65 have been more accurate than Palm.

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/rankings.html

Its not a joke doing it during the year. Of course things change - what is your point?

Value is gained during the year because you want to know where your team is currently tracking. Syracuse is lucky that is has continously been a 1-3 seed so if you are on the bubble it really doesn't matter.

In terms of putting together a bracket at year-end, many people do it - and apparently 33 out of 65 have been more accurate than Palm.

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/rankings.html

My point is you can't judge anyone during the year, which you did.

There simply are no results to base their predictions on.

I dont really care where Palm is ranked in that. I didn't say he was good or bad at it. I was only responding to your post.

i don't mean their ear during selection sunday. i mean correcting mistakes they have as the year goes on such as game locations, home away neutral etc.

Their is no expert on the field anymore. If people are willing to put in some time they can basically do it as well as Lundardi and Palm throughout the year. Its a puzzle, with some rules... its requires some logic, and memory of what committee has done.. but its far from rocket science.

Although I give full kudos to Lunardi and Palm for having the foresight to be amongst the first to do it, and the ability to profit of it. All the power to them in that regard. I just don't like Palm's picks, but as= he is amongst the first (and people copy catted it) he deserves any profit he still gets from it.

My point is you can't judge anyone during the year, which you did.

There simply are no results to base their predictions on.

I dont really care where Palm is ranked in that. I didn't say he was good or bad at it. I was only responding to your post.

Fair enough -- apologies for getting too worked up

i don't mean their ear during selection sunday. i mean correcting mistakes they have as the year goes on such as game locations, home away neutral etc.

Perhaps. I am getting too worked up on something too trivial!!

I wouldn't like this bracket, NC State and Kentucky have a lot of NBA talent on their rosters. The NCAA tournament is a one and done tournament that talent could catch fire and we could have a tough second round matchup with either of those teams. I will say Palm blows Lunardi out of the water. Lunardi still has Kansas as a 2 seed and Syracuse as a 3 seed. Palm doesn't let biases affect him as much as Lunardi. While Lunardi isn't a full blown Cuse hater he loves to tweak JB and Syracuse whenever he can and his new bracket is terrible and just shows how professional Palm is compared to him.

I like Palm too, and obviously doing brackets now is just a turd hunt.

Our bracket has about a 0.0% chance of happening. Even with the network and committee's lovefest for Stevens, they will not give Butler, as a 3 seed, home court in the sweet 16/great8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom