Jerry Palm's latest as of Monday | Syracusefan.com

Jerry Palm's latest as of Monday

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

We have LIU, winner of ISU/Alabama, then winner of 4) Wisconsin vs 5) FSU, then take your pick MSU, Baylor, ND or UNLV. It's all doable.

Plus he has West Virginia and Ohio State playing in the opposite bracket from us in Pittsburgh. Great for scalping if we choose to sell our tickets.

3 teams we've faced on the other side of the East bracket (ND, UConn, Bucknell).

Tough region overall - Mich St, Wiscy, Baylor.

Ive pretty much resigned to the fact that no matter what teams are placed in the 8/9 and 4/5 slots we are going to say its a bad matchup.

I am taking the attitude like I am for the BET (and the possibility of playing Uconn a 3rd time). We are 30-1 and we are better than all of these teams and will handle them. They should be the ones who say " we have to play Syracuse."

Man FSU vs. Wiscy in round 2? That game would be like 32-30

People are really getting nervous about playing teams like MSU, Wisc, Florida St, Witchita St. I'm not. This team will turn it on from here on out. We cruise through our bracket.

People are really getting nervous about playing teams like MSU, Wisc, Florida St, Witchita St. I'm not. This team will turn it on from here on out. We cruise through our bracket.
If NCAA was a best of 5 series every round we'd no doubt be playing Kentucky on Monday night. However, we face 1 team who defends well and gets hot from 3, we might be in trouble.

We are better than every other in America (UK is debatable) but that didn't stop Kansas from losing last year. Any given day anything can happen, especially in March.

If NCAA was a best of 5 series every round we'd no doubt be playing Kentucky on Monday night. However, we face 1 team who defends well and gets hot from 3, we might be in trouble.

We are better than every other in America (UK is debatable) but that didn't stop Kansas from losing last year. Any given day anything can happen, especially in March.
I know JB has said it a few times this year about Kansas being great last year. They weren't. Ohio State was the best team last year.

West Virginia as a low seed in Pittsburgh?

That's just not right.

I know JB has said it a few times this year about Kansas being great last year. They weren't. Ohio State was the best team last year.

And they got knocked out early, too...

Ive pretty much resigned to the fact that no matter what teams are placed in the 8/9 and 4/5 slots we are going to say its a bad matchup.

I am taking the attitude like I am for the BET (and the possibility of playing Uconn a 3rd time). We are 30-1 and we are better than all of these teams and will handle them. They should be the ones who say " we have to play Syracuse."

Same here, but I've taken it a bit further - it doesn't matter what team we face after the first game, many are going to say "I don't want any part of that team". We are 30-1 but you wouldn't know it on this board.

Same here, but I've taken it a bit further - it doesn't matter what team we face after the first game, many are going to say "I don't want any part of that team". We are 30-1 but you wouldn't know it on this board.

Even if its DePaul. ..."Hot team...nothing to play for...we are in trouble"

Certainly it's all about the match-ups. Personally, I'd prefer playing a team that isn't so disciplined/systematic in their approach, patient, etc. Teams like Wisconsin, FSU, UVA with their style and tempo will keep things close throughout...hate the thought of that and holding my breath as that last second three pointer to steal the win goes through the air in very slow motion...

Man FSU vs. Wiscy in round 2? That game would be like 32-30

FSU plays more up tempo this year. They also tend to make dumb plays. They blew a huge lead yesterday, and made dumb play after dumb play.

I also suspect that Loucks (the FSU point guard) bet on FSU to win yesterday. Spread was 7.5, and he was taking a FT with Florida St up 8 and about eight seconds left. After he missed the FT he went after his own miss unusually hard so that Clemson would not get the ball back. But Clemson got the rebound.

Clemson then lolly gagged it up the court, all the FSU players were doing the "do whatever the hell you want thing" to my dismay as I had FSU covering. With about a second left some Clemson guy casually takes a 3, and from out of nowhere Loucks comes from behind and blocks him.

I have never seen a player up 8 in the dying second, go all out for a block like that.

3 teams we've faced on the other side of the East bracket (ND, UConn, Bucknell).

Tough region overall - Mich St, Wiscy, Baylor.
Baylor doesn't scare me, They seem to shrink from the spot light

MSU is the highest #2 seed why are they placed with SU who should be the second overall #1? Doesn't make sense. If MSU advances further in the B1G tourney than OSU they would more likely be put in midwest which is way closer for them as a reward. OSU or Duke would likely be placed in the East. Also why 4 BE teams in our region? Put some of them elsewhere. Isn't it great that you can get a low seed like #11 and be close to home. If UConn gets put in the east where they would play 80 miles from campus on a home court if they make the regional as a #11 is a joke.

MSU is the highest #2 seed why are they placed with SU who should be the second overall #1? Doesn't make sense. If MSU advances further in the B1G tourney than OSU they would more likely be put in midwest which is way closer for them as a reward. OSU or Duke would likely be placed in the East. Also why 4 BE teams in our region? Put some of them elsewhere. Isn't it great that you can get a low seed like #11 and be close to home. If UConn gets put in the east where they would play 80 miles from campus on a home court if they make the regional as a #11 is a joke.

Bracketing is a real bitch. UK is Lunardi's #1 overall, but he has them in the same region as tOSU, who is the #3 2 seed. We also get the worst #3 and worst #4 seed (Michigan and Wichita State).

Maybe we are looking at different brackets? I count 2 Big east teams in our region, with Uconn a 10 in Atlanta.

full bracket:

1 Syracuse
16 Long Island

8 Iowa St.
9 Alabama

4 Wisconsin
13 Drexel

5 Florida St
12 Play in: South Florida/Cal

2 Michigan St.
15 Bucknell

7 Notre Dame
10 BYU

3 Baylor
14 Denver

6 UNLV
11 UConn

how sweet would it be to beat UConn 4 times in one season? The only thing better than that would be beating Georgetown 4 times.

full bracket:

1 Syracuse
16 Long Island

8 Iowa St.
9 Alabama

4 Wisconsin
13 Drexel

5 Florida St
12 Play in: South Florida/Cal

2 Michigan St.
15 Bucknell

7 Notre Dame
10 BYU

3 Baylor
14 Denver

6 UNLV
11 UConn

how sweet would it be to beat UConn 4 times in one season? The only thing better than that would be beating Georgetown 4 times.
I was thinking about that earlier today. Has 2 teams ever played 4 times in one season?

Boston would be a home court for UConn...its 87 miles from Storrs. It's not inconceivable they could win 2 games to get there. That's very unfair to the so-called protected 1-4 seeds.