Jesus some of you need to get a grip | Syracusefan.com

Jesus some of you need to get a grip

Marsh01

Living Legend
If he leaves then he leaves. How can anyone sit here and chastise this guy if he leaves for an nfl job? The nfl. The pinnacle for any coach. This guy has brought us out of the depths of hell and back to respectability and now we are going to kill him because he takes a better job?

I have to laugh at some of peoples comments like he "betrayed" you personally. Do you also believe in santa?

I hope whatever he decides to do he does what he thinks is in HIS best interest. Not some jack off fans and their disappointments.

Fu

a lot of the jackasses here today did not listen to the radio interview that doug gave a few weeks ago...

he said "if somebody does not want him there,just tell him and he is gone" and also said"if he doesn't like what is going on, he's gone"

followed up by saying" if an organization wants to interview him, he will show them some respect"

Today, so many of you "fans" wasted your first day of a new year

Silver linings playbook: Can it, in some ways, actually elevate our program to be a direct pipeline to an NFL job?

Thank you. Doug has changed the culture of the program and has made it fun to watch Syracuse football again. I'll root for him wherever he goes.

If he leaves then he leaves. How can anyone sit here and chastise this guy if he leaves for an nfl job? The nfl. The pinnacle for any coach. This guy has brought us out of the depths of hell and back to respectability and now we are going to kill him because he takes a better job?

I have to laugh at some of peoples comments like he "betrayed" you personally. Do you also believe on santa?

I hope whatever he decides to do he does what he thinks is in HIS best interest. Not some jack off fans and their disappointments.

Fu

^^^^^^ Post of the Year! ;-/

I have to laugh at some of peoples comments like he "betrayed" you personally. Do you also believe on santa?

Fu

And too!

Agreed. I've been ambivalent about Marrone, so he sure as bleep doesn't owe ME anything. If, as a hot coach du jour, he parlays his success here into an NFL position, more power to him.

I don't think it's gonna happen, think that it's (a) due diligence; and/or (b) teams considering him as a fallback if a team's first choice doesn't come through.

But I think it makes no sense to begrudge him this opportunity. Think about it: if his name is to be in the mix 'every' year, it'll be because he's doing a good job coaching here at SU.

I like that.

I agree with the sentiment. We all said when Marrone was hired that if he got hired away them that would mean he was successful in helping the program recover back to respectability out of the depths of the Robinson era. I say mission accomished! No one is irreplaceable and we are hiring from a place of strength versus where we were last time. I want HCDM to stay, but if he doesn't, we wish him luck and trust that Gross has done some planning. Given the time of year we'll need a timely hire to keep the recruiting class in place.

Fu
My thought is that you are really covering for UConn in all this.

Of all things, if this is the right thing in DM's mind for his family, nobody on here has the right to chastise him. We would all do the same thing if it benefited your own family and nobody can deny that.

We should be thanking DM for what he's done in 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom