JG3 All Frosh in ACC? | Syracusefan.com

JG3 All Frosh in ACC?

I don’t know the freshmen in the conference well enough. He needs to go on a bit of a hot shooting streak to get his numbers where they’d need to be, imo. But playing time might be enough on its own.

I have no frame of reference for other freshmen in the conference, but yeah, I'd have to think he's on that team.

Think he makes that squad?
I think it is possible but not a done deal.

The way I look at it, Carey is a lock as frosh of the year. No one else is close.

Nolley of VT is the 4th leading scorer in the conference. He is a first team lock.

Cassius Stanley of Duke is another lock. He is only averaging 12.3 ppg but he is a key player for Duke. Enough said.

Justin Champagnie of Pitt has been impressive all season and will very likely get a slot.

I think you have to seriously consider Jay Heath of BC. Heath is averaging 12.4 ppg and shooting well from the 3 point circle. Good player.

And then there is Manny Bates of NC State. He is only averaging 5 ppg but he is leading the conference in blocks. He has really struggled to get rebounds or points in conference games though so I think we can eliminate him from consideration.

Joe playing PG helps his cause. He is 11th in the conference in assists per game and his assist to turnover ratio is one of the best of any PG in the conference. He has also quietly climbed into a tie for 6th in the conference in steals per game.

That last slot on the first team probably comes down to Joe and Jay. Should be close. Right now, I would give it to Joe by a small margin.

I think it is possible but not a done deal.

The way I look at it, Carey is a lock as frosh of the year. No one else is close.

Nolley of VT is the 4th leading scorer in the conference. He is a first team lock.

Cassius Stanley of Duke is another lock. He is only averaging 12.3 ppg but he is a key player for Duke. Enough said.

Justin Champagnie of Pitt has been impressive all season and will very likely get a slot.

I think you have to seriously consider Jay Heath of BC. Heath is averaging 12.4 ppg and shooting well from the 3 point circle. Good player.

And then there is Manny Bates of NC State. He is only averaging 5 ppg but he is leading the conference in blocks. He has really struggled to get rebounds or points in conference games though so I think we can eliminate him from consideration.

Joe playing PG helps his cause. He is 11th in the conference in assists per game and his assist to turnover ratio is one of the best of any PG in the conference. He has also quietly climbed into a tie for 6th in the conference in steals per game.

That last slot on the first team probably comes down to Joe and Jay. Should be close. Right now, I would give it to Joe by a small margin.
What about Cole Anthony? I know he was injured but now he’s back and can put up serious points. Also, that Cone kid from Virginia Tech could be in contention.

What about Cole Anthony? I know he was injured but now he’s back and can put up serious points. Also, that Cone kid from Virginia Tech could be in contention.
True. Cole has been a major disappointment even before he got hurt but he plays for UNC so I fear the voters will put him on the team regardless.

If Cone played against us every game, he would be a lock but he is only averaging 7.5 ppg. Don't think he is going to make it. Might be 2nd team though.

I like the fact that he is improving as the season progresses and if in some way he can help the Orange get into the NCAA tournament he has accomplished more than I had hoped for after that crazy beggining of the season stretch they had.

Hopefully, his D isn't taken into account.

I'd have to guess Cole Anthony will make the team since he'll end up play at least half the games now.

i believe cole was preseason pick. joe G3 is having a solid full season . see how the injury plays out. he's certainly played his way into the conversation. as stated above currently 3 lock picks so 2 up for grabs.

Hopefully, his D isn't taken into account.

I'd have to guess Cole Anthony will make the team since he'll end up play at least half the games now.
Anthony was horrible down the stretch last night. His shot selection is not great and he got blocked about four times trying to drive inside. His body language is poor and his teammates and Roy were constantly trying to calm him down. I’m not sure he’s going to be the kind of player you can consistently win with.

Anthony was horrible down the stretch last night. His shot selection is not great and he got blocked about four times trying to drive inside. His body language is poor and his teammates and Roy were constantly trying to calm him down. I’m not sure he’s going to be the kind of player you can consistently win with.
He seems like a tough kid to play with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom