JG3/Buddy vs. Battle/Howard | Syracusefan.com

JG3/Buddy vs. Battle/Howard

jdubs30

Living Legend
We’re 8-6 this year but honestly we play an exciting brand of basketball.

just curious on folks opinions- do you prefer the Battle/howard back court that is stout defensively but struggles on offense - knowing win or lose that the game would be in the low 60s?

Or is watching Buddy/JG3 who really struggle on defense but can get hot offensively and score at will?

I feel like the defensive backcourt can keep us in more games but it’s a lot more fun to watch us finally be able to score

thoughts?

this year’s team has more bark and energy.

c) Girard/Battle

Trouble is, in this 2-3 you've either got two good defenders or you've got none. Battle wouldn't be able to offset Girard's bad defense, we'd still have a lousy defensive backcourt, and we'd also have subpar perimeter shooting.

Trouble is, in this 2-3 you've either got two good defenders or you've got none. Battle wouldn't be able to offset Girard's bad defense, we'd still have a lousy defensive backcourt, and we'd also have subpar perimeter shooting.

Giarard helps the offense more than losing Frank hurts the defense. Battle adds more on defense than Buddy and is at worst a wash on offense. Buddy shoots better, obviously, but can’t drive or score anywhere that isn’t behind the arc.

The zone can be okay with one bad defensive guard. I know the ‘03 team didn’t hang its hat on defense, but they got by with Gerry up top. I love GMac as much as the next guy and his effort couldn’t be questioned, but he was not an above average zone defender. Short and slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom