Jim Boeheim Talks Coach Hop, Coleman's Status & Orange In NBA ... | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim Talks Coach Hop, Coleman's Status & Orange In NBA ...

Required reading for those who have questions about Hop coaching here or anywhere. JB's quote:

"I think he obviously wants to run his own program like Duke's Steve (Wojciechowski) did, like Chris Collins did. You need to take that opportunity when it's there if it's a good one. I think a couple that he looked at were very good ones. I think Syracuse is better. I've encouraged him to look for something that he thinks is really good but if not, he's going to be the coach here. I think this is a great job and I think he's really the right guy for the job, that's why I wanted to push for him to be in that position. I think he understands the program and what needs to be done here. I'm sure some day that can all work out. As a coach you have to look and keep your options open and see what's out there. I think Mike Hopkins is a tremendous basketball coach and will be a tremendous basketball coach and I'd love to see him take over here when I'm done."