Jim Burr | Syracusefan.com

Jim Burr

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
He made it to Minneapolis for the Iowa - Minnesota game today. So I get to see him screw over two of my teams this weekend! (Syracuse is by far my #1 school but my dad went to Iowa so I follow them also)

I thought he actually called a lot of fouls our way. When he does our games I want them to be on the road as we seem to get the better Jim Burr (if that is even possible)

I thought he actually called a lot of fouls our way. When he does our games I want them to be on the road as we seem to get the better Jim Burr (if that is even possible)
Yeah actually you're right. I just got so traumatized having to watch Jim Burr twice in the same weekend that I forgot he wasn't horrible yesterday.

The point is not the he calls terrible fouls both ways which he does. He is not biased. He is just a terrible official which calls TOO manydumb fouls while letting the mugging on defense go on. Which works against finesse/talented teams such as Syracuse. 50 fouls called per game is not just our up tempo transition style.

He is just bad and ruins any games he officiates.

why is he allowed to ref games on two consecutive days in different parts of the country? isnt this going to limit his "effectiveness"?

I don't mind Burr on the road he doesnt get phased by the crowd.

We lost because we played like crap.

He made it to Minneapolis for the Iowa - Minnesota game today. So I get to see him screw over two of my teams this weekend! (Syracuse is by far my #1 school but my dad went to Iowa so I follow them also)

Yeah he screwed Iowa a few times, but in the end it came down to making free throws, which Iowa did not do. Had they shot more than 50% from the free throw line, they would have won easily.

why is he allowed to ref games on two consecutive days in different parts of the country? isnt this going to limit his "effectiveness"?

What's he supposed to get, worse?

There is very little control over the number of games a Ref does -- they are engaged by a number of leagues, and can do many games . I remember reading an interesting article showing the travel that a ref could do in a day or two (and how many games they could ref -- I think it was five over two days) -- and that included travelling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom