Jim Leavitt left Florida State today, would be a heck of a DC hire | Syracusefan.com

Jim Leavitt left Florida State today, would be a heck of a DC hire

SanDiegoCuse

Starter
He was with Florida State until today as a Defensive Analyst, was a month ago promoted to a permanent position and was even out on the road recruiting this week for the Noles. I wonder if he is a candidate here?

Hasn’t Dino been in Florida with recruits the past couple days...? Curious.

Other than the choking or hitting he would be a heck of a head coach hire for them.

Other coaches have been forgiven for much worse, look at Petrino.

Look at Franklin...Leavitt is a piker compared to some of the dirtbags still coaching today.

I would hire him before Schiano.

Fiery coach but he is a loose cannon and worthless in recruiting. Also a guy you do not want to get on the bad side of. Definitely a hell of a defensive coordinator but he is most likely going to hold out for a HC gig. I know he had a phone interview with Colorado State for the head job earlier this week.

Big miss by Dino.
A. We don't know if Dino spoke to him.
B. We don't know if Dino has already hired someone and they are waiting for their bowl game to be completed.
C. We don't know if Dino spoke to him and he said, "Thanks, but no thanks" for whatever reason.

Not sure how you can say it was a big miss if you don't know the entire story. Now, if we hire someone from NSEW St. and it turns out to be a disaster, then we can come back and say that. But I don't think we can say that right now.
1576956919899.gif

B. We don't know if Dino has already hired someone and they are waiting for their bowl game to be completed.
C. We don't know if Dino spoke to him and he said, "Thanks, but no thanks" for whatever reason.

Not sure how you can say it was a big miss if you don't know the entire story. Now, if we hire someone from NSEW St. and it turns out to be a disaster, then we can come back and say that. But I don't think we can say that right now. View attachment 174482
People are going to say it’s a big miss for everyone until we get a DC

Not sure how you can say it was a big miss if you don't know the entire story. Now, if we hire someone from NSEW St. and it turns out to be a disaster, then we can come back and say that. But I don't think we can say that right now. View attachment 174482
if it comes out that Dino tried to talk to Leavitt and he preferred FAU I will definitely apologize for implying that it was a miss that he didn’t reach out to him.

if it comes out that Dino tried to talk to Leavitt and he preferred FAU I will definitely apologize for implying that it was a miss that he didn’t reach out to him.

I guess the disagreement is that most of us don’t think he even should have reached out to choke boy. But your opinion is valid like anyone else’s

I don’t personally care if we talked to Leavitt or not. Doesn’t matter to me and it’s not a miss if we didn’t even think about talking to him, IMO. But I have a feeling we might end up with someone from the old buddies club who isn’t a recruiter and might not even be a great DC instead of really trying to do something with this hire.