Jim on Mad Dog | Syracusefan.com

Jim on Mad Dog

CU44SE

All Conference
Loved calling games. Will call more next year. Did not miss coaching at all this year. The college game is a mess. When your best player wants to leave because he will get a little bit more money somewhere else, it’s unsustainable.

There was more but I was driving. Has NC State to Final Four in his bracket. Loves their experience and old age.

UConn not as good this year but still best team. Only thinks Purdue has a shot at them.

UConn not as good this year but still best team. Only thinks Purdue has a shot at them.
So after the NC State Louisville game comments. UConn is now going to look even better than they have already because someone told them about JB comments and the players want to prove that they are better this year than last year.

Loved calling games. Will call more next year. Did not miss coaching at all this year. The college game is a mess. When your best player wants to leave because he will get a little bit more money somewhere else, it’s unsustainable.

There was more but I was driving. Has NC State to Final Four in his bracket. Loves their experience and old age.

JB should do the rounds all the time. Love it. He should do the Bristol Carwash when it comes to the tourney.

Would love to get him and Charles on a set if that could ever happen bc I think they’d actually be happy grumpy men together.

The bolded line speaks very loudly.

It's becoming ever more difficult to sustain any kind of consistency in a team.
(Especially if you stick with a 2-3 zone even when its getting shredded).
Jay Wright got out while the gettin' was good.

Must disagree on one point.
NC State might give UConn a game.

after Jim left, Mad Dog came back from break and just kept raving about that Jim spot he just had. For those that listen to Mad Dog he was giddy about the interview.

Jim is great when he is just talking hoops. I hated the way his press conferences became after games towards the end. But when he is just talking basketball, he is so good.

The bolded line speaks very loudly.

It's becoming ever more difficult to sustain any kind of consistency in a team.
(Especially if you stick with a 2-3 zone even when its getting shredded).
Jay Wright got out while the gettin' was good.

Must disagree on one point.
NC State might give UConn a game.
uConn isn't getting past Illinois if they play like they did last night.

dunno if I posted this before- but my mom saw JB at Key Bank on Nottingham road couple weeks ago and he said he wants to do 25 games next year of commentating. Said he likes the actual games way more than the studio work and said getting to CT is a pain and very long days. He said this is one of the happiest years of his life but he was worried what he would do and he says he loves commentating so much and that he thinks he’s gotten better as the year goes on. She said he was so funny like the JB we knew for a long time. I was thrilled to hear all this

i truly think the only team that can beat them before the Final is Clemson…

JB should do the rounds all the time. Love it. He should do the Bristol Carwash when it comes to the tourney.

Would love to get him and Charles on a set if that could ever happen bc I think they’d actually be happy grumpy men together.
If we could have Jim on the set with Chuck and Ernie (even the rest) I’d cancel my plans that day to watch.

dunno if I posted this before- but my mom saw JB at Key Bank on Nottingham road couple weeks ago and he said he wants to do 25 games next year of commentating. Said he likes the actual games way more than the studio work and said getting to CT is a pain and very long days. He said this is one of the happiest years of his life but he was worried what he would do and he says he loves commentating so much and that he thinks he’s gotten better as the year goes on. She said he was so funny like the JB we knew for a long time. I was thrilled to hear all this

ESPN should be putting him on bigger games imo

Remembering a little more.

Jim is in favor of expanding the tournament by 8 teams. Thinks Seton Hall, St. John’s, and Pitt should have made the tournament.

His reasoning. When they expanded to 68 teams. There was roughly 260 teams. Now there are close to 360 D1 basketball teams. Something close to 100 more teams have moved up to D1 and the tournament at large field has not expanded at all.

Jim Boeheim with the call of the year!