Jimmy Butler | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Butler

dyedorange

Marginally on Topic
Heard he's an All-Star reserve this year. I remember him from Marquette, but hadn't really tracked him in the NBA. Quite a story, from being kicked out of his house when he was 13, to being a lightly-regarded JuCo player, then Marquette, and finally the NBA. You rarely see someone keep improving like this. Great story.

Hate Buzz, but you have to respect what he has been able to find some non top 50 or top 100 recruits and turn them into NBA players - Jimmy Butler and Jae Crowder and a few others recently.

Yup. Wesley Matthews too. They play tough D, play hard, and have improved their skill sets every year it seems, especially since getting to the pros.

Matthews was a top 100 recruit if memory serves and a hold over from Creen I believe.

Butler and Crowder were JUCO finds by Buzz which is an area where he may very well be the best in the business.

Matthews was a top 100 recruit if memory serves and a hold over from Creen I believe.

Butler and Crowder were JUCO finds by Buzz which is an area where he may very well be the best in the business.

True. Yeah, I didn't realize Matthews was as old as he is. He was Devendorf's class.

Butler was playing out of his mind for the first few months of the season, but he's come back down to Earth of late. Still very deserving of an All-Star bid and a great story. Would love to see the Bulls get everyone healthy for an extended period of time. They're missing Dunleavy big time right now.

Butler was playing out of his mind for the first few months of the season, but he's come back down to Earth of late. Still very deserving of an All-Star bid and a great story. Would love to see the Bulls get everyone healthy for an extended period of time. They're missing Dunleavy big time right now.

Can you really miss Dunleavy? I know I haven't since he left Duke.