Jimmy Dykes | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Dykes

NKR1978

Living Legend
Did anyone else find this hysterical:

"Florida only has two guys that make rim shots. Bradley Beal does it off of deep penetration and Patric Young does it off of deep post touches..."

Did anyone else find this hysterical:

"Florida only has two guys that make rim shots. Bradley Beal does it off of deep penetration and Patric Young does it off of deep post touches..."

perv

I've been watching Duke/Wak Forest - that may be the first time Dykes has ever said something worth listening to.

When Brian Kelly (Duke) drives to the hoop it looks like the game suddenly went into slow-motion.

Jay Williams just slipped in the "We" when discussing Duke as a number one seed.

Jay Williams just slipped in the "We" when discussing Duke as a number one seed.

Jay Williams makes that mistake a lot.

That is good, but I think its funny Florida is still ranked as high as they are.
I agree. I was at the Florida-Georgia game on Saturday (in CTO-worthy seats :) ) and was disappointed.

They severely lack aggressiveness to the hoop, it's 3-pt shooting or nothing. Seeing their press up close, it's quite a ways behind what the Orange have to offer.

With Yeguete's injury, they're more like a #30... #18 if the 3-pt shots drop.

You know, there are always threads criticizing announcers:

Dickie V - "Ugh, all he talks about is the Dukies...he rambles about everything but the game"
Doris Burke - "She's become just like Dickie V, trying to throw out horrible catch phrases whenever possible"
Mike Patrick - "What an ACC homer"

I know there are others, but for all of their shortcomings I can stomach listening to them for 2 hrs. However, when I see Jimmy Dykes is announcing a game I immediately change the channel. His southern drawl and slobbering over all things SEC/Kentucky puts Mike Patrick's ACC bias to shame. Also, he thinks he's so clever with his grade-school metaphor describing #1 seeds as 1st class plane passengers.

The thing with Dykes is that even if he is announcing other SEC teams, he spends a great amount of time blabbering over UK,

You know, there are always threads criticizing announcers:

Dickie V - "Ugh, all he talks about is the Dukies...he rambles about everything but the game"
Doris Burke - "She's become just like Dickie V, trying to throw out horrible catch phrases whenever possible"
Mike Patrick - "What an ACC homer"

I know there are others, but for all of their shortcomings I can stomach listening to them for 2 hrs. However, when I see Jimmy Dykes is announcing a game I immediately change the channel. His southern drawl and slobbering over all things SEC/Kentucky puts Mike Patrick's ACC bias to shame. Also, he thinks he's so clever with his grade-school metaphor describing #1 seeds as 1st class plane passengers.

Dykes/Patrick are the two I can't live with.

Dickie V I do not like, but I tolerate because he's kind of like a John Madden, he's just a legend at this point, and I've heard from various sources over the years he's a genuinely nice guy. I can always tolerate people more if I hear a personal anecdote about the person being nice.

For this half only, document game times when Dykes mentions / has a point about Kentucky. I am setting the over under at 8.

Didn't listen too much of the second half, but heard a few UK references from ol Jimmy.

Around 13:00 mark he states thatSyracuse, Duke, Michigan St, they are all very good teams playing well, but none of them are close to Kentucky.

Around 10:00 mark, shows some Jimmy Jet, wit a picture of UK and SU at the front.

At the 6:00 mark, he states " I would love to watch John Calipari, Anthony Davis, MKG, Terrence Jones, Marquis Teague and Doron Lamb gang bang my wife".

Only comment that was unexpected was when he put UK and SU in the same row on his Jet.

The pollsters need someone in the SEC to look good for Kentucky's benefit.
After UF's last two games that only leaves Vandy.

Jimmy Dykes likes to pick teams apart when they go into zone defenses. He always says things like "you can't zone this team" "this team has too many shooters to be zoned". Really, really annoying. The hater's call it a shooters paradise, I like to call teams that play it and keep launching up 3's "fools gold offense". 9 times out of 10 you are going to have to do something other than shoot the 3 to be successful against a great zone defense. I really love when teams keep bombing away 3's against us (even if they are making them) eventually they will start to miss them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom