Jimmy Patsos To Siena.. | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Patsos To Siena..

Interesting quote / strategy from when his team played Steph Curry.

On November 25, 2008, Patsos and the Greyhounds double-teamed Davidson All-American Stephen Curry for the entire game, leaving his other three players to face the 24th ranked Wildcats in a four on three game. Davidson won by 30, while Curry stood in the corner during most possessions. Commenting afterwords, Patsos said: "We had to play against an NBA player tonight. Anybody else ever hold him scoreless? I'm a history major. They're going to remember that we held him scoreless or we lost by 30? I know the fans are mad at me, but I had to roll the dice as far as a coach goes. I'm not some rookie coach," said Patsos

..happy for my old friend. Good hire.
I hope he does well. The nice thing about the MAAC is that any program can turn around real fast. Siena has a lot of built in advantages to get some good recruits so hopefully a year from now we shall see some fruits of his labor.

Love this guy. Great hire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..happy for my old friend. Good hire.

As a Siena alum, rather happy with this hire. Hopefully it works out. The townhouses are probably happy.

Love this guy. Great hire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the pleasure of sitting with him and chatting about hoops at a few different ABCD camps (2001, 2002, and 2003). I was amazed that he remembered me from the previous year. He started the conversation with "well, here some Mr. SU fan again!" which was impressive since I wasn't wearing any Cuse gear. Anyway - great guy, great mind for basketball, and obviously a very good eye for talent. It is no coincidence that Maryland started to struggle more when he left. I hope he does well at Siena.

Mason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom