Jimmy & the Staff Excel at Selecting Transfers.... | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy & the Staff Excel at Selecting Transfers....

newmexicuse

All Conference
Two legit star players in Leo & Wes.

Two very solid above well above average players in laRon Ellis & Ryan Blackwell.

One superstar player (in the mind of Igor) in Ethan Cole.

Also, a good record on JCs w Cipolla & Kris O.

I expect Michael G to be in the Leo & Wes class before he is all through.

LeRon, I believe, was drafted in the first round- maybe with the last pick by the Clippers. It was a shock to all and he did not last long, parts of 2 or 3 years. I remember being amazed that he went so high...everyone was.

Leo wanted to xfer to Marshall but the coach passed away soon after. So he fell into SU's lap. JB technically didn't win that recruitment.

Leo wanted to xfer to Marshall but the coach passed away soon after. So he fell into SU's lap. JB technically didn't win that recruitment.

Not going to argue with you here but JB had a zinger of a personal visit that put SU right up there with Marshall.

Two legit star players in Leo & Wes.

Two very solid above well above average players in laRon Ellis & Ryan Blackwell.

One superstar player (in the mind of Igor) in Ethan Cole.

Also, a good record on JCs w Cipolla & Kris O.

I expect Michael G to be in the Leo & Wes class before he is all through.

You forgot Michael Lloyd. He was a heck of a player. Too bad he didn't get two years in Orange.

You forgot Michael Lloyd. He was a heck of a player. Too bad he didn't get two years in Orange.
Walking NCAA violation. We were a much better team without him. I was sooooo glad to see him leave.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think you are right, but SU was also recruiting Leo out of St. Michael's before he originally committed to Minnesota.

Not going to argue with you here but JB had a zinger of a personal visit that put SU right up there with Marshall.
That may be correct, but Leo is on record as saying if the Marshall coach hadn't died, he would have gone there. JB finished 2nd on this one, but ended up winning due to a sad happenstance.

Walking NCAA violation. We were a much better team without him. I was sooooo glad to see him leave.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

That aside, he was still a heck of a JUCO grab by the staff in terms of talent. He listened to the wrong people and got caught up in one of those "credits for cash" fake colleges. I felt bad for the kid. As I recall he showed up to an SU v GTown game in DC several years ago to cheer on SU. Doesn't he coach AAU or HS ball now? Still a big SU fan as far as I know.

That aside, he was still a heck of a JUCO grab by the staff in terms of talent. He listened to the wrong people and got caught up in one of those "credits for cash" fake colleges. I felt bad for the kid. As I recall he showed up to an SU v GTown game in DC several years ago to cheer on SU. Doesn't he coach AAU or HS ball now? Still a big SU fan as far as I know.

And he had Carmelo's ear during his recruitment, saying that one season at Syracuse was the best year of his life. Lloyd's still a pro-SU guy, though I don't know his level of involvement with the program.