Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any serious interest from SU up to this point?

He's not a D1 football player. (at least not yet.) He may or may not be a high major hoops player but I think he has the potential to be one. I can see his trajectory being on par with Gerry Mac and I believe he's better than Jimmer Fredette at the same stage. Will he be better, IDK, but the kid can sure shoot it and score points. I feel like he needs to be a couple of inches taller though but maybe not.

He's not a D1 football player. (at least not yet.) He may or may not be a high major hoops player but I think he has the potential to be one. I can see his trajectory being on par with Gerry Mac and I believe he's better than Jimmer Fredette at the same stage. Will he be better, IDK, but the kid can sure shoot it and score points. I feel like he needs to be a couple of inches taller though but maybe not.
I was talking to a guy from the Capital District over the holiday who is involved with high school sports. He said pretty much the same thing you are saying: a taller version of GMAC and a better athlete (and defender) than Jimmer. He's listed at 6'2" but according to this guy he's a shade over 6' tall but still growing.

I was talking to a guy from the Capital District over the holiday who is involved with high school sports. He said pretty much the same thing you are saying: a taller version of GMAC and a better athlete (and defender) than Jimmer. He's listed at 6'2" but according to this guy he's a shade over 6' tall but still growing.

he's definitely not > 6-1 . I'd put him at 5-10 / 5-11 but that was last year. I haven't seen him since spring. He's only a sophomore though and still growing.

I think he is a much better athlete than Gerry. I'm not sure about being a better athlete than Jimmer. He would have been a pretty good QB in Glens Falls system this year too. That said I think he shares the ball better than Fredette, and shoots it better, but doesn't drive it better.

he is 2nd in the section in scoring at 34 a game. the Lufkin Argyle kid is avg 39. his older brother had a nice run and went Div III, though this one is a bit bigger.

Girard climbs section II scoring list.

Glens Falls' Joe Girard III climbs Section II scoring list

I don't care what anyone says, it's amazing that this kid is a sophomore and he led his football team to the state championship and now he leads his basketball team, averaging 36 ppg for the #1 ranked class B team in the state. This stuff doesn't happen in Glens Falls, NY.

Yes he's good but high D1 ? His father is on him like white on rice. Kid has a high bb Iq and they throw everything against him. Box and one triple team and he still scores
What SU has going is that his family and friends will get to see him play? Michigan is upper US and Ak

Girard keeps rolling. Scored 39 in their conference championship game against Amsterdam.

Glens Falls defends Foothills Council championship

His season high is 44
I watched Ryan McDonough beat us the other night like Spike Albright in the past. Girard has to be much better than those guys. Let's start getting more offers out. Can it really be true that we haven't offered Duarte or HoWash. I trust the coaches but that just seems a bit strange.

Yes he's good but high D1 ? His father is on him like white on rice. Kid has a high bb Iq and they throw everything against him. Box and one triple team and he still scores
What SU has going is that his family and friends will get to see him play? Michigan is upper US and Ak

Yes, he has the potential to be high D1. He shoots lights out and these are not spot up 3’s with no defense. I’ve seen him drain off balance falling away circus shots from NBA range. Double teams, box and 1’s doesn’t matter. He’ll stop and pop or a between the legs step back 3, doesn’t matter. Very quick release, great form. He can handle the rock to.

As his body matures and he gets stronger I have no doubt he can play in the ACC. I don’t really see any difference between Girard and what Gerry McNamara did in high school.

The kid is just a winner to.

Gerry HS state champ game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online