Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
how ranked was that kid from UL that beat us in OT?

Honestly if you can shoot and rotate properly in the zone you can play guard in our system as long as we have the other pieces like hopefully we do.

No one knows for certain how good any high school sophomore will be as they develop physically and skill wise over the next 2 1/2 years when they enter college but Villanova, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame (and now I am hearing Duke) have either come to watch, or begun to monitor interest in JG3 - - so Yeah, Syracuse should monitor him. Why not, the SU campus is 2 hours from JG3's home which gives it a huge advantage because he comes from a close knit family that will want to watch him play.

I think the GMac comparison may be ok, but i don't see Cooney. Cooney was a mouth breathing cave man with plenty of fast twitch to his game. I don't see the athleticism in Girard's game (I don't recall if his dad was really a high-level athlete?). Neither Scoop or Devendorf were above-average athletes (relative to major D-1), i wonder how his game matches up with theirs? He certainly can shoot it though. Glens Falls plays a lot of garbage teams. It'd be nice to see how he'd fare at Albany Academy, LaSalle or CBA. Some good players have come through Section II. But even with AAU, it's hard to get a high major scholly without elite physical tools or by prepping first.

I think the GMac comparison may be ok, but i don't see Cooney. Cooney was a mouth breathing cave man with plenty of fast twitch to his game. I don't see the athleticism in Girard's game (I don't recall if his dad was really a high-level athlete?). Neither Scoop or Devendorf were above-average athletes (relative to major D-1), i wonder how his game matches up with theirs? He certainly can shoot it though. Glens Falls plays a lot of garbage teams. It'd be nice to see how he'd fare at Albany Academy, LaSalle or CBA. Some good players have come through Section II. But even with AAU, it's hard to get a high major scholly without elite physical tools or by prepping first.
Don't forget he just led his football team to the state championship as a HS sophomore. I

Take my evaluations with a grain of salt as I completely bombed on Mookie Jones lolololol...
Don't beat yourself up too bad, Mookie could shoot the lights out. He just couldn't do much else.

It's blasphemy but if there was a shooting contest between G-mac in his prime and this kid...I'd take Girard

It's blasphemy but if there was a shooting contest between G-mac in his prime and this kid...I'd take Girard
The only reason it's blasphemy is because Girard hasn't hit 5 in the first half of the NCAA title game!

There are probably quite a few kids who could beat GMac in his prime, in a stand still, uncontested three point shootout. Not sure there are any(many) that would be as clutch in a real game situation though!

The only reason it's blasphemy is because Girard hasn't hit 5 in the first half of the NCAA title game!

There are probably quite a few kids who could beat GMac in his prime, in a stand still, uncontested three point shootout. Not sure there are any(many) that would be as clutch in a real game situation though!
Well, 6. But who's counting? ;)

The kid needs to go the prep school route. Look what it did for Lydon, and Girard is a much more dynamic player at this stage than Tyler was. Staying at GF to play football is a colossal mistake: he could be a good football player; he could be a great basketball player.

The kid needs to go the prep school route. Look what it did for Lydon, and Girard is a much more dynamic player at this stage than Tyler was. Staying at GF to play football is a colossal mistake: he could be a good football player; he could be a great basketball player.
I agree - is there any thought on that from anyone close by? His family is legendary in Section II but I think the kid needs to move on as well.

Had 13 and 12 his first 2 games. 3-7 from 3 both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom