Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions:

1. Does anyone know whether SU is recruiting Girard?

2. If SU is recruiting Girard the ins he a priority recruit, or just a fall back if higher priority recruits go elsewhere?

3. does anyone know whether Girard plans to play basketball or football?

Thanks.

After watching him live for the first time this past weekend at EYBL... to me he has a good feel for the game, decent handle, and a nice stroke... but comparing him to other points on the circuit, I don't see him as a legit SU player (top level receuit). Granted he has a couple years to get stronger.. and hopefully grow. I just don't see it in terms of Cuse. As far as football goes... no idea. Haven't seen him play.

He's
After watching him live for the first time this past weekend at EYBL... to me he has a good feel for the game, decent handle, and a nice stroke... but comparing him to other points on the circuit, I don't see him as a legit SU player (top level receuit). Granted he has a couple years to get stronger.. and hopefully grow. I just don't see it in terms of Cuse. As far as football goes... no idea. Haven't seen him play.

He's a 16 year old Sophomore right now.

He's playing against older kids in the Nike EYBL and supposedly shooting 40% from 3.

Recently scouted by Pitino and Jay Wright

Has offers from; High Point, UAlbany, George Washington, Siena, Penn State (P5), Tulane and Vermont.

He will likely play basketball in college, unless he gets serious football attention. He's 6-1 and that is looking legit.

Syracuse is very much involved as is Michigan.

He's playing against older kids in the Nike EYBL and supposedly shooting 40% from 3.

Recently scouted by Pitino and Jay Wright

Has offers from; High Point, UAlbany, George Washington, Siena, Penn State (P5), Tulane and Vermont.

He will likely play basketball in college, unless he gets serious football attention. He's 6-1 and that is looking legit.

Syracuse is very much involved as is Michigan.

Averaging just under 10 a game shooting 28-69 from 3. 2nd best shooter on the team behind our coaches son.

Averaging just under 10 a game shooting 28-69 from 3. 2nd best shooter on the team behind our coaches son.

and he's developed a good friendship with Buddy.

Also working out with Huerter (the albany kid who's at maryland).

Is Michigan a lock? I mean his pops played for Beline and they've kept in touch for years. I can't imagine him going anywhere else on that fact alone.

Is Michigan a lock? I mean his pops played for Beline and they've kept in touch for years. I can't imagine him going anywhere else on that fact alone.
Their style seems like a good fit for his skill set.

I think Michigan is a lock but would not rule out playing closer to home so the family can see him play.

on another note - who is Marcus Zegarowski ? He hit more 3's than Girard. 46-103 ??

Last edited:
I think Michigan is a lock but would not rule out playing closer to home so the family can see him play.

on another note - who is Marcus Zegarowski ? He hit more 3's than Girard. 46-103 ??

Like Shark said, MCWs brother. Had a post on in this forum. Has an offer from Hop and Washington already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom