Joe Lunardi bracketology updated | Syracusefan.com

Joe Lunardi bracketology updated

Potential matchup against Paypal Cal and Kentucky to get to Sweet 16

Potential matchup against Paypal Cal and Kentucky to get to Sweet 16
I'd take that. UK is a team that has trouble shooting and I think they'd be impatient against the zone.

But vs. NC Central? We can't get away from North Carolina teams can we

Joey is fairly clueless, I don't think he pays as much attention to the 1-4 seedings in his brackets as he does to his first 4/last 4 out. Best example is how he can have Louisville as falling and a 4-seed. If they are dominant against UConn, they will be a 2, and potentially the last 1-seed.

As a Memphis resident, I would love that. I wish I felt comfortable that the team can get to the second weekend.

i have lowered my tourney expectations considerably. at this point i would be very happy as a lowly 4 seed with a chance to hand wichita state their first and last loss in the sweet 16.

Joey is fairly clueless, I don't think he pays as much attention to the 1-4 seedings in his brackets as he does to his first 4/last 4 out. Best example is how he can have Louisville as falling and a 4-seed. If they are dominant against UConn, they will be a 2, and potentially the last 1-seed.
Louisville to me is a complete bracket buster this year...

I'd settle for a 1st round win...which might be the ceiling for this team.

Louisville to me is a complete bracket buster this year...

I agree, right now Louisville looks like the most dangerous team out there. If I was any one of the #1 seeds, I would not be happy to be staring at a #4 seed UL.

I agree, right now Louisville looks like the most dangerous team out there. If I was any one of the #1 seeds, I would not be happy to be staring at a #4 seed UL.
Remember Ville beat up Rutgers and Houston...2 teams with losing records and Pitino purposely is running up the score in an attempt to impress people and boost UL seed. They're good but not as good as the scores of the 2 games indicate.

Louisville fell a spot on s curve because they are steamrolling teams in the 130's and above in aac tourney. They have as good a shot as 1 seed as we do:, zip, nada. Win today versus UConn sucks and they will be a 3 probably in Indianapolis

I'd take that. UK is a team that has trouble shooting and I think they'd be impatient against the zone.

But vs. NC Central? We can't get away from North Carolina teams can we
Yes but at least we would have a NC team in NYS and not in NC. It would be time for us to get some calls ala Dook.

Iowa St beat Kansas yesterday.
Louisville beat Houston yesterday

Remember it's an "as of now" bracket. And Iowa St helped themselves more yesterday than Louisvile.
They were probably switched between 12 and 13. It's not clueless as you claim.

Last edited:
louisville will be on the 2 line imo. anyone who thinks a strong finish don't matter is daft.

Remember Ville beat up Rutgers and Houston...2 teams with losing records and Pitino purposely is running up the score in an attempt to impress people and boost UL seed. They're good but not as good as the scores of the 2 games indicate.
and how much would Syracuse beat these teams with their 6.5 man starting and all game rotation?

Part of the problem of him continuing to update the bracket this late is it completely disregards all the mistakes he has made over the course of the year seeding teams in the wrong place. Then he gets on ESPN and announces he only missed a few teams. Anyone could do that.

If SU can make it to the Elite 8 I'll be so overjoyed I won't care that it's likely against Florida
We've beaten Florida twice since 2010. They're good, but our zone has been effective vs. Donovan.

If SU can make it to the Elite 8 I'll be so overjoyed I won't care that it's likely against Florida

Florida doesn't scare me. In fact, there aren't many teams that actually do scare me ( L'Ville and Creighton aside). This is a team that can literally beat anyone, but also lose to anyone at the same time. It's such a weird feeling...

Also as a side note, I get the advantage of not having to travel, but at the same time we lost to both BC and GT on our own floor in Syracuse. I don't see how staying in Buffalo is really going to help this team. Sure it would be great for the fans in the area up there to be able to make the games, but I'm in the feeling that I don't really care WHERE we end up as far as the location. 'Cuse fans are everywhere. I'm more concerned with who is in our bracket.

Not that it really matters, but I predict that all/most of the ESPN taking heads predict against in rounds 1/2

No doubt we'll be the most popular upset pick. Everyone will pick against us in the opening round(s), unless they try to pull a double reverse and pick us because everyone else is picking against us...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom