John Feinstein just ripped Notre Dame a new one | Syracusefan.com

John Feinstein just ripped Notre Dame a new one

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
As you may recall Rev. John Jenkins defended Manti Te'o with a four page report.

Why is it that he never addressed the family of Lizzy Seeberg, a real person who really did kill herself in 2011, at the age of 19, after accusing a Notre Dame football player of sexual assault. After her report threats came her way that were as frightening as what happened in that players dorm room.
“Messing with Notre Dame football is a bad idea.”

What is nuts is all the attention that was given to a fake dead girl and what little concern was shown by Notre Dame to the family of Lizzy Seeberg, a real dead girl.

Feinstein wanted to know where the president was when Declan Sullivan fell to his death. How much concern did they show to his family?

Notre Dame went as far as hiring an outside investigator in the Te'o case & holding a press conference. Something they never did in the Seeberg case.

Sounds like he read my exact post on here from a couple weeks ago and claimed it as his own.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

I think that both have to do with protecting and promoting the ND image.

What is the point of "addressing the family of Lizzy Seeberg" if the DA didn't find substantial evidence that an assault happened? Really, what do you expect him to say to them? Did Nancy address Bobby or Zach T.?

What is the point of "addressing the family of Lizzy Seeberg" if the DA didn't find substantial evidence that an assault happened? Really, what do you expect him to say to them? Did Nancy address Bobby or Zach T.?

The seeberg case is really sad but the point you make is valid on that -- plus are we absolutely certain the university didn't reach out? The fact that threats reportedly happened is awful, but does anyone know where they originated? I mean, that was some sort of Notre Dame orchestrated harassment scheme? I find that really hard to believe.

As for Sullivan, the university is on excellent terms with his parents so I'm not sure what Feinstein is getting at with that one.

And, if ND didn't actually participate in this whole T'eo thing (who knows?), then they were launching probes to try and help a player who was a face of this program for years. I think any university would do the same if it had a star player who swore on his life that he was the hapless victim of a cruel hoax. Were they supposed to turn their back on him and tell everyone he's a total weirdo?

People love Notre Dame b/c they get to split the country down the middle and get some readers. But, at the end of the day, it's mostly overblown hype.

The seeberg case is really sad but the point you make is valid on that -- plus are we absolutely certain the university didn't reach out? The fact that threats reportedly happened is awful, but does anyone know where they originated? I mean, that was some sort of Notre Dame orchestrated harassment scheme? I find that really hard to believe.

As for Sullivan, the university is on excellent terms with his parents so I'm not sure what Feinstein is getting at with that one.

And, if ND didn't actually participate in this whole T'eo thing (who knows?), then they were launching probes to try and help a player who was a face of this program for years. I think any university would do the same if it had a star player who swore on his life that he was the hapless victim of a cruel hoax. Were they supposed to turn their back on him and tell everyone he's a total weirdo?

People love Notre Dame b/c they get to split the country down the middle and get some readers. But, at the end of the day, it's mostly overblown hype.
My understanding of the ND inquiry with Te'o was that it was not originally undertaken to exonerate or help Te'o but to make sure that he was not in on the hoax and used ND to perpetrate it. Once it became clear in the investigation that Te'o was not in on it (in part through the phone records that Swarbrick read), ND changed the focus.
As you and I know, the Seeburg and Sullivan cases have nothing to do with the Te'o matter.

i think whitlock will sue him for plaguerism.

he wrote on that same theme over a week ago too.

im sure a lot others did too, read a bunch of them.

feinstein is late to that party.

ND did not initiate any investigation until more than 10 days after she reported it to the authorities. At which time she was already dead.

According to Sports Ill., ND has not reached out to her family.

ND did not initiate any investigation until more than 10 days after she reported it to the authorities. At which time she was alrready dead.

According to Sports Ill., ND has not reached out to her family.
What is it you would advise them to have said to the family of the St. Mary's student?

What is it you would advise them to have said to the family of the St. Mary's student?
And furthermore, what could ND say about its investigation to the family of the St. Mary's student that would not violate the privacy rights of its own student.

And furthermore, what could ND say about its investigation to the family of the St. Mary's student that would not violate the privacy rights of its own student.
I don't think they needed to name names. Could have redacted the report.

What would anyone say in a situation like this? You would think that if anyone could find the right words, it would be those of real faith. But, according to her family, the contact has been minimal.

Pretty much sums up why the media sucks moose nuts, and most people are f**king imbeciles. Looking for a reason to bash ND, without really thinking through the consequences of the actions they believe would have been more appropriate.

People suck. The end.

many people think she was sexually assaulted. supposedly she told police/friends she was making out with the player, she was on top, he started to remove her shirt, she asked him to stop, and he did.