John Kinder - 2nd Half | Syracusefan.com

John Kinder - 2nd Half

G

GoCuse44

Based upon what I saw today during the 2nd half I assume John Kinder's days are numbered on the SU roster or he simply does not give a crap.

For the entire 2nd half of the game Kinder stood by himself at the end of the player area near the student section which is the farthest point from where the offensive sits. He never moved from that spot and did not talk to anyone other than a Syracuse police officer. What amazed me is not one member of the coaching staff told him to go to the other end of the bench to be with the offensive unit or even noticed that he was standing alone at the far end of the player area.

I can only imagine how frustrated he is considering the fact that not one back-up got a snap even when the team was down by 17 points with 2 minutes left in the game.

it's inexcusable that no other QB on the roster has taken a snap this season. it's also scary, because it seems that there is about a 99% chance nassib starts next year too.

The sad part is that Kinder might not be any better than Nassib. My wish is that Marrone's career doesn't depend on Nassib's but this might have to be the case.

It was amzing to me watching who I assume is out back-up QB standing alone and not even participating in the discussions when the offensive came off the field. What was scary to me is not one member of the coaching staff even noticed him or if they did they did not tell him to get his a$$ to the other end of the bench.

I don't have any inside info but I assume Kinder is going to pack it in after this season since he must know at this point that Hunt is the QB of the future.

My hope is that Marrone is smart enough to get Hunt some game time experience next season.

It was amzing to me watching who I assume is out back-up QB standing alone and not even participating in the discussions when the offensive came off the field. What was scary to me is not one member of the coaching staff even noticed him or if they did they did not tell him to get his a$$ to the other end of the bench.

I don't have any inside info but I assume Kinder is going to pack it in after this season since he must know at this point that Hunt is the QB of the future.

My hope is that Marrone is smart enough to get Hunt some game time experience next season.

If this is the case I think we can assume just the opposite... that he ISN'T the backup. Perhaps this is why he hasn't gotten any snaps. Coaches don't think he is in future plans and don't want to deal with the public if he shows some flashes in meaningless minutes. If it's the case I hope he pulls a Legree... go somewhere where you can see the field and open up a schollie.

He probably is not the back-up but watching a kid stand by himself away from every other player bothers me. You would think out of the 10+ coaches on the staff someone would have walked up to him and told him get over with his teammates.

He probably is not the back-up but watching a kid stand by himself away from every other player bothers me. You would think out of the 10+ coaches on the staff someone would have walked up to him and told him get over with his teammates.

maybe... but I think the coaches have enough problems to figure out, rather than worry about the sherkers... which may be the epitome of the season, on both sides.

I recall seeing Kinder cheering after SU completed a pass near the sideline in the 4th quarter. He was into it.

This is very disturbing to read both from Kinder's perspective and from the coaches. It pretty much sums up the state of the program right now - a mess. How the hell can the coaches not have this kid next to them during the offensive series? He is at least the 3rd string which means he should be more involved than this describes. Tough to coach up a kid like this.

I am still on-board with Marrone but it does seem bizarre that we saw very few substitutions, if for nothing else than to prevent injuries to certain players. Let Ant sit for a few plays and give AAM some more carries. Let Loeb or even Kinder a series or two. Are we looking at someone else besides Mac at Center? If so, get him in.

I would love to think Marrone is learning things like this as this is still just his 3rd year as a head coach. I really hope he is.

Trudo is listed as the back-up Center (and maybe the C of the future). They will NOT blow his redshirt for 1 game.

Jerome Smith subbed for Ant today, and even got 4 carries and a catch.

Loeb is the back-up QB.

On the defensive side, Shafer rotates a lot of guys -- and next year's defense is going to be better as a result.
On offense, it just looks like there is a major drop-off behind Nassib, Bailey & Provo. Even in these losses, doesn't look like Marrone is thinking at all about next year. Never subs at all on his OL; didn't really change up his OL after setting it in stone early in the Spring. Some of this is a big problem with depth -- how good are the spare RBs really (not as good as Bailey as a frosh)? or the next QB? or any spares in the OL, other than guys who are redshirting?

The thing that frustrates me is a lot of people were excited about Kinder last season.

What happened?

On the defensive side, Shafer rotates a lot of guys -- and next year's defense is going to be better as a result.
On offense, it just looks like there is a major drop-off behind Nassib, Bailey & Provo. Even in these losses, doesn't look like Marrone is thinking at all about next year. Never subs at all on his OL; didn't really change up his OL after setting it in stone early in the Spring. Some of this is a big problem with depth -- how good are the spare RBs really (not as good as Bailey as a frosh)? or the next QB? or any spares in the OL, other than guys who are redshirting?

I am not sure on this post in regards to OL subs.

Does this mean in-game? Such as someone replacing Macky for some snaps? Or is this replacing someone in the starting lineup into the season?

For Macky, he isn't the problem on the line. He has a good year for a 1st year center. There are 4 problems on the O-Line and Macky is # 4.

For starting lineup replacements, what do you do? OL is the one position where it is almost universally acknowledged that a redshirt year is necessary. Hickey probably would have replaced Hay, if not outright beat him out, if healthy. Lou is redshirting. Curtis is redshirting. Trudo is redshirting. What else is there? Phillips is a worse run blocker then Hay and he is the only guy who is depth I think on the line.

OL is the one unit that had little talent on it when Marrone arrived. I would think that would be universally acknowledged, but I could be wrong.
My biggest concern/worry is that Marrone is an OL guy. I thought this unit would start looking average quickly. 3 years in, isn't average yet. My hope is for it to be an average line next year with all players he recruited as high schoolers (all JUCO's have warts, which is why they are at a JUCO) but seeing the struggle of Chibane really worries me about that.

The thing that frustrates me is a lot of people were excited about Kinder last season.

What happened?

Same thing that happened to Jonny Miller and, hope I am wrong, but will probably happen to Terrell Hunt once Ashton Broyld arrives.

Then lather, rinse, repeat.

On the defensive side, Shafer rotates a lot of guys

Does he really though? Lynch barely played. Same with Crume and Robinson before the injuries. No real Desir sighting. Reddish hasn't been seen since injuries forced him into action.

That has been a disappointment to me is the D guys who had their redshirts burned but have seen their PT essentially vanish.

Does he really though? Lynch barely played. Same with Crume and Robinson before the injuries. No real Desir sighting. Reddish hasn't been seen since injuries forced him into action.

That has been a disappointment to me is the D guys who had their redshirts burned but have seen their PT essentially vanish.
Well, yes. He rotates 3 DTs (Bromley, Boatright, Goggins) -- all return. He rotates 4 DEs (Chandler, Marinovich, Sharp, Ball). Robinson was making some progress before his injuries. 5 LBs are playing, and Lynch was one of them yesterday. Desir plays specials and in some defenses; granted, not a lot. Regularly plays 3 CBs.
Burning redshirts is really the opposite issue. Crume and Reddish were at the borderline -- guys who are good enough to be in the mix, not good enough to get a lot of time. Desir is a different case as he plays a lot on specials.

macky isnt the problem-lol

man what a laugher-
kid has to get help every play or his man is in the backfield before the qb turns around-

macky sucks-plain and simple-he has no size or strength -

its also not his fault-he was recruited as a long snapper-was never ever supposed to play center-

shows just how bad marrone has recruited that when we lost our real center and his backup al we had left was little macky mcpherson

Well, yes. He rotates 3 DTs (Bromley, Boatright, Goggins) -- all return. He rotates 4 DEs (Chandler, Marinovich, Sharp, Ball). Robinson was making some progress before his injuries. 5 LBs are playing, and Lynch was one of them yesterday. Desir plays specials and in some defenses; granted, not a lot. Regularly plays 3 CBs.
Burning redshirts is really the opposite issue. Crume and Reddish were at the borderline -- guys who are good enough to be in the mix, not good enough to get a lot of time. Desir is a different case as he plays a lot on specials.

My issue with that as opposed to the offense is every team rotates the lineman. Most teams seem to rotate 8 players on the lines overall. Nothing real out of the ordinary. Lynch has seen his PT go down as the season has worn on.

Well, I do remember Desir got forced into action b/c of injuries.
My real concern with the D-Line is that none of the kids are really improving. Goggins has gotten worse as season has gone on, Bromley hasn't been able to do what he did last year in more snaps. Sharpe and Ball are rotational lineman at best. With 2 guys coaching the D-Line, that really, really concerns me.

macky isnt the problem-lol

man what a laugher-
kid has to get help every play or his man is in the backfield before the qb turns around-

macky sucks-plain and simple-he has no size or strength -

its also not his fault-he was recruited as a long snapper-was never ever supposed to play center-

shows just how bad marrone has recruited that when we lost our real center and his backup al we had left was little macky mcpherson

Chibane, Hay and Tiller are all bigger problems then Macky right now. I am far from a Macky apologist, but for a 1st year center, he has played well.

Jeez i thought our Oline was supposed to be a strenght...

My one observation from our oline is that htey never create a classic looking 'pocket' for nassib to throw out of. Its alwasy caving in at some point.

Chibane, Hay and Tiller are all bigger problems then Macky right now. I am far from a Macky apologist, but for a 1st year center, he has played well.
Agreed...compared to Chibane and Hay, Macky is all BE. Losing Hickey really hurt.

Also, just once, I wish we had a real run-stuffing MLB. Someone with some beef that arrives with angry intentions and that opponent's RB's fear. At 216 lbs, Spruill has looked over-matched at times.

Agreed...compared to Chibane and Hay, Macky is all BE. Losing Hickey really hurt.

Also, just once, I wish we had a real run-stuffing MLB. Someone with some beef that arrives with angry intentions and that opponent's RB's fear. At 216 lbs, Spruill has looked over-matched at times.

We had that guy, but he broke into the QBs apartment and stole his TV set.

What happened?
Kinder has major issues with progressions/accuracy. The people who were excited about him never saw him in a game situation. People saw him in the Spring game and went "ah. that's why he doesn't play". FWIW he was a nice scout team player.

I think the QB we see take the next steps will be Hunt. Just from what I've heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom