John Lennon wrote a song about college basketball! | Syracusefan.com

John Lennon wrote a song about college basketball!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Imagine there's no early draft
It's easy if you try
No idle speculation
'Bout players going "high"

Imagine college players
Living for today

Imagine there's no NBA
It isn't hard to do
No greedy vultures hanging 'round
And no NCAA, too

Imagine Boeheim and the press
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday this might happen
And the bball world will be as one.

Imagine four-year players
I wonder if you can
The NBA waits patiently
It makes such happy fans!

Imagine college players
Actually going to school

You-HOO-hoo hoo hoo
But I'm not the only one
Perhaps one day this might happen
And our worlds will live as one.

It's easy if you try
No idle speculation

Imagine college players
Living for today

Imagine there's no NBA
It isn't hard to do
And no NCAA, too

Living life in peace

But I'm not the only one

I wonder if you can
The NBA waits patiently

Imagine college players
Actually going to school

You-HOO-hoo hoo hoo
But I'm not the only one
applausw.jpg

It's easy if you try
No idle speculation

Imagine college players
Living for today

Imagine there's no NBA
It isn't hard to do
And no NCAA, too

Living life in peace

But I'm not the only one

I wonder if you can
The NBA waits patiently

Imagine college players
Actually going to school

You-HOO-hoo hoo hoo
But I'm not the only one

You've been doing drugs haven't you?

If she's had a cup of coffee she has. I've paid attention to how caffeine changes my mood and writing(and stuff related to my heart), at times more than alcohol. The comedown can be rough for some people. The "d" word isn't as narrow as many of us have been conditioned to think. Triple B, picture me interrogating you. I'm drinking and smoking on the other side of the table from you, and demanding you answer about your proclivity for caffeine abuse, like that person many of us know from work. You may have to return your art to the NCAA of the ether and be placed on a moderate posting and/or caffeine probation.

It's easy if you try
No idle speculation

Imagine college players
Living for today

Imagine there's no NBA
It isn't hard to do
And no NCAA, too

Living life in peace

But I'm not the only one

I wonder if you can
The NBA waits patiently

Imagine college players
Actually going to school

You-HOO-hoo hoo hoo
But I'm not the only one
Cto you r cool i only hppe my children realiize what i stand for, i moved to missouri in81 not sure why except for a job now retired and wondering how. This ferguson 64 320 thug is taken all the news. If i was wallking. Down west flourissant rd id b lookinp for trouble been there done that the only thing that becomes of this. Is st louis is becoming the new detroit

If she's had a cup of coffee she has. I've paid attention to how caffeine changes my mood and writing(and stuff related to my heart), at times more than alcohol. The comedown can be rough for some people. The "d" word isn't as narrow as many of us have been conditioned to think. Triple B, picture me interrogating you. I'm drinking and smoking on the other side of the table from you, and demanding you answer about your proclivity for caffeine abuse, like that person many of us know from work. You may have to return your art to the NCAA of the ether and be placed on a moderate posting and/or caffeine probation.

Wrote it at 10:30 last night after reading too much of the Chad Ford thread. I drink one cup of coffee a day. Drinking it now.

Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY! . . . . . . . . . . . I'm high on a Co2 o2 gaseous mix again.

Your statement is true and really even stuff like dietary supplements, vitamins and the like could be considered drugs. Our bodies are basically little factories that break down formations or elements and chemicals into less complex forms so that we can absorb them, use them and then discard of the waste/byproduct.

BTW as I have aged I tend to try and keep to caffeine and alcohol the most just seems to be the way it is.

Wrote it at 10:30 last night after reading too much of the Chad Ford thread. I drink one cup of coffee a day. Drinking it now.

I just want to clarify that I wrote that in total jest. I'm just not the biggest fan of the use of the d word, even though I know Bees did it in good natured fun, and I tried to reply in like manner. I probably could have used some caffeine to help make my point in a better way. Along with not being gay(not that there is anything wrong with that), I want to state on record that I am not some anti-caffeine(or any substance) crusader who is going to wage a smear campaign against Juan Valdez, who awakes early each morning and takes to the hills with his sure footed burrow to bring us coffee pleasure.

Last edited:
Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY! . . . . . . . . . . . I'm high on a Co2 o2 gaseous mix again.

Your statement is true and really even stuff like dietary supplements, vitamins and the like could be considered drugs. Our bodies are basically little factories that break down formations or elements and chemicals into less complex forms so that we can absorb them, use them and then discard of the waste/byproduct.

BTW as I have aged I tend to try and keep to caffeine and alcohol the most just seems to be the way it is.

I like how you put it with the little factories. Every thought produces an electro-chemical impulse in the brain, and knowing such I'd presume most of us have more addictions then we are aware of, for better or worse. Our own bodies produce DMT, a substance more psychedelic than LSD. Anyhow, as an addition to the post directly above this, I wanted to add this video of a man involved with the mass production of a drug that sometimes influences my posting:

I like how you put it with the little factories. Every thought produces an electro-chemical impulse in the brain, and knowing such I'd presume most of us have more addictions then we are aware of, for better or worse. Our own bodies produce DMT, a substance more psychedelic than LSD. Anyhow, as an addition to the post directly above this, I wanted to add this video of a man involved with the mass production of a drug that sometimes influences my posting:

I wish pot was legal nationwide.

I wish pot was legal nationwide.

Well, the 10th Amendment makes it a states' rights issue, as with many powers the federal government has wrongly seized. Even here in CO, I never thought I'd see the day. Anyhow, we aren't supposed to talk about politics in here(although we can argue about beer prices at the Dome. It's seemingly Pavlovian conditioning somewhat linked with age. Speaking of which, I wonder if we have any members born while it was still legal?), so I will say something silly and ask if that duck in the OP looks like it may have have had a puff or two or if my eyes are just tired? To me the duck looks inspired.

Last edited:
Well, the 10th Amendment makes it a states' rights issue, as with many powers the federal government has wrongly seized. Even here in CO, I never thought I'd see the day. Anyhow, we aren't supposed to talk about politics in here(although we can argue about beer prices at the Dome. It's seemingly Pavlovian conditioning somewhat linked with age. Speaking of which, I wonder if we have any members born while it was still legal?), so I will say something silly and ask if that duck in the OP looks like it may have have had a puff or two or if my eyes are just tired? To me the duck looks inspired.
The duck does look a little glassy-eyed, I admit. Actually, it looks like it's being hypnotized. "Beeeeee Jaaaaaaay, reeeeee-laaaaaax."