John Rothstein on Inside College Basketball | Syracusefan.com

John Rothstein on Inside College Basketball

Marsh01

Living Legend
When asked if not Tim Floyd who coaches USC?

His answer was Jamie Dixon. Never even mentioned Hop.

Mateen Cleaves subsequently asked who Jamie Dixon was.

When asked if not Tim Floyd who coaches USC?

His answer was Jamie Dixon. Never even mentioned Hop.

He's another they are interested in. No idea if he interviewed.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Dixon leave Pitt for USC. Unless there is a truck full of money doesn't make sense.

I feel like I am missing something here. Unless he just reallllllly likes palm trees I don't understand why Dixon would ever leave Pitt for that job.

Isn't Dixon a west coast guy? If he is I think he'd at least be interested in the job.

Didn't Rothstein say DC2 would have a Sullinger-like impact? He also told my friend and I in person that Eugene Harvey was better than Jonny Flynn back at that 6OT game.

Isn't Dixon a west coast guy? If he is I think he'd at least be interested in the job.

Yes

Sent using my Commodore 64

That's what I thought. Maybe he and Sean Miller will be moving back "home". ;)

From the Pitt Athletics website profile of Dixon:

"As a youngster growing up in North Hollywood, Dixon had an acting career. He still is a card-carrying member of the Screen Actors Guild. In his early 20s, Dixon was in a Bud Light commercial that featured a woman dunking on him. The commercial was one of the more popular basketball ads of the year and aired on virtually every basketball event. At age 12, Dixon fired a space gun in a commercial for Mattel. At age 10, he was the star of a TV commercial for Rice Krispies, pretending to celebrate a birthday while eating cereal. At age 5, he did a TV commercial for Volvo, sitting in the back seat and smiling while his father played the driver. He was also in a Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial."

If he has Hollywood connections/aspirations then maybe it does make a bit of sense.

Howland to UCLA and Dixon to USC. Don't know their relationship but that'd be a little wierd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom