John Wall Recruitment Story | Syracusefan.com

John Wall Recruitment Story

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
So apparently Wall was hell bent on going to UNC until this happened……not a wall fan, but this did make me like him a bit more

But….. there’s a twist. In other interviews he’s said they never offerred him. I like this one better

I don’t trust anything Wall says. He cashed his check from Kentucky.
yeah a greed. anyone who isnt from kentucky who goes to kentucky kinda shows what they are about imo - not that there's anything wrong with that lol - money/NBA - it's the least sentimental school a player could pick.

I'm sure that there's an element of truth to the story.

But I think that -- much like Marbury discussing how things went down with SU -- that it is either embellished and / or slightly revisionist history.

He was never going to UNC because they didn't want to deal with his handler. He didn't get an offer.

Hansbrough had a rep for being a jerk, so I can see him not being friendly and Wall not liking him because of it being true.

Hard to believe that’s the only factor in him going to UK though, lol. Seems likely he was probably going there anyway?

Hansbrough had a rep for being a jerk, so I can see him not being friendly and Wall not liking him because of it being true.

Hard to believe that’s the only factor in him going to UK though, lol. Seems likely he was probably going there anyway?

Maybe but after almost fifteen years and untold millions that Walls earned since then I’m not sure why he’d feel the need to cover for Calipari still.

Wait you think that’s the only reason someone would pick UK?
i mean...for coach cal...nowadays ...yeah...its not like they are even really all that great lately...4 years since they won a ncaa tourney game...and 8 years since they made the final four...seems its all just mercenary one and done ball now...and not really all that effective on the court.

of course, the perks of being celeb status at that school is probably nice as well. generally, if a player picks UK I assume they are only thinking NBA and nothing else...but yeah I guess there could be other things in mind...

i mean...for coach cal...nowadays ...yeah...its not like they are even really all that great lately...4 years since they won a ncaa tourney game...and 8 years since they made the final four...seems its all just mercenary one and done ball now...and not really all that effective on the court.

of course, the perks of being celeb status at that school is probably nice as well. generally, if a player picks UK I assume they are only thinking NBA and nothing else...but yeah I guess there could be other things in mind...
How many of Cals players are currently in the NBA?

exactly...thats why players go to kentucky. not about anything specific to that school imo

might as well be called Junior NBA internship U in the minds of its recruits

Putting aside that Kentucky routinely is first or second in attendance, has tons of tv exposure, and is still one of the all time greatest programs in college basketball last eight years notwithstanding.

I would assume that most kids who play for power five schools are thinking NBA first, second, and third.

exactly...thats why players go to kentucky. not about anything specific to that school imo

might as well be called Junior NBA internship U in the minds of its recruits
Are you making my argument?

Because of their skills and potential when they signed with UK. Cal doesn’t make them any better.

Because of their skills and potential when they signed with UK. Cal doesn’t make them any better.
Possibly, but of course that could be debated as they're only there a year. Did JB make Melo demonstrably better over the course of his year on the hill?

Possibly, but of course that could be debated as they're only there a year. Did JB make Melo demonstrably better over the course of his year on the hill?

Exactly, they are only there a year because they’re studs just like Melo was. I don’t see too many kids going there and improving over a few years and going to the NBA. So I don’t think Cal develops NBA players.

#Truth

Cal is an overrated POS.

He capitalized on the one and done / bringing in full teams of recruit every year phenomena early on, but floundered when Duke decided to take the same approach and recruited much better than he did.

Now, with the additional challenge of the portal, his approach is no longer innovative. And without the competitive advantage of blue chip elite recruits giving him a distinct talent differential, he isn't performing as well.

Whether he develops them or not is immaterial…perception is reality. And UK has the most NBA players of anyone. Cal gets to claim credit..even if he didn’t develop them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom