John Wallace, "I'll Always Bleed Orange" | Syracusefan.com

John Wallace, "I'll Always Bleed Orange"

thanks for that, you can tell how much the '96 championship game still haunts him, hes never watched a replay of game.

anyone else remember all the BS about reseeding going on before that final four ?and to think that if the refs hadn't basically (and literally) taken john wallace out of the game with some very iffy touch calls who knows. still all in all a great run for that team and john wallace in particular. who's our next great #44? (winfred walton don't count!)

"put down 45 - 50 wallace and lo-mo. "

anyone else remember all the BS about reseeding going on before that final four ?and to think that if the refs hadn't basically (and literally) taken john wallace out of the game with some very iffy touch calls who knows. still all in all a great run for that team and john wallace in particular. who's our next great #44? (winfred walton don't count!)
I know of a certain 6'9" kid from Rochester....

When is his jersey being retired? Should have happened already.

When is his jersey being retired? Should have happened already.
There is a discussion on that subject between the moderators & JW. He said he has no problem that it hasn't been retired and feels that Moten deserves to go next.

There is a discussion on that subject between the moderators & JW. He said he has no problem that it hasn't been retired and feels that Moten deserves to go next.
Wow, he has always been one of my favorites, and that statement speaks volumes of his devotion to SU.

you wanna talk about players who put a team on their back in march. talkin' carmelo and john wallace.

you wanna talk about players who put a team on their back in march. talkin' carmelo and john wallace.

You can make a case wallace's postseason run was more impressive than melo's despite not winning it all. Who was the other nba guy on that '96 team? Nobody. And not sure the '03 team beats '96 kentucky.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

You can make a case wallace's postseason run was more impressive than melo's despite not winning it all. Who was the other nba guy on that '96 team? Nobody. And not sure the '03 team beats '96 kentucky.

There would be very few championship teams that would beat that 96 UK team.

I agree. Wallace doesn't get mentioned on those stupid ESPN lists either. If we'd won it, he'd be in Danny Manning territory as far as recognition. He did everything he could, he was the best player on the floor against Kentucky. I think a lot of these lists take into account what happened after college, whether they realize it or not. I can't help but think if Wallace became an NBA all star, they'd be ranking him high on all these lists.

And to me, the opponent should be taken into account. Wallace and Cuse taking that Kentucky team to the wire is way more impressive than Kemba and UConn winning it all against a terrible Butler team in a horrible basketball game. Yet Kemba will get mentioned forever, even though his team actually kinda sucked. 96 Cuse would've beat them, and 96 Kentucky would've beat them by 40.