John Wildhack Blog: Orange October | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack Blog: Orange October

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
October represents change, and we are seeing it on the playing fields and in the academic life of our student-athletes here at Syracuse. Tommy Powell, our Assistant Provost for Student-Athlete Academic Development, has been working closely with our long-time official apparel and footwear partner Nike on an exciting new project. Syracuse has 20 student-athletes to fill two spots at Nike headquarters next summer for paid internships. The program involves possible internships in communications, digital, finance, HR, manufacturing and engineering, marketing and many more areas. I see this as a great resource for our students and a continued strengthening of our partnership with Nike.

ORANGE OCTOBER - Syracuse University Athletics

If it doesn't include the words "contract extension for Dino Babers" then I don't care.

Do you think Dino is a "Wait until the season is over" kind of guy, or would he have that discussion during the season? Maybe even over the bye (or "buy";)) week, if coaching/recruiting aren't too much of a priority as far as attention and time.

My ill-informed guess would be after the season, or between the regular season and a bowl game as this could positively affect recruiting knowing there is long-term stability present.

They live in the same neighborhood, I’m sure there’s no lack in communication.

Tough time to move to Adidas and UA has taken a step back. Not many options out there.

October represents change, and we are seeing it on the playing fields and in the academic life of our student-athletes here at Syracuse. Tommy Powell, our Assistant Provost for Student-Athlete Academic Development, has been working closely with our long-time official apparel and footwear partner Nike on an exciting new project. Syracuse has 20 student-athletes to fill two spots at Nike headquarters next summer for paid internships. The program involves possible internships in communications, digital, finance, HR, manufacturing and engineering, marketing and many more areas. I see this as a great resource for our students and a continued strengthening of our partnership with Nike.

Maybe they can teach them how to do readable numbers.

My sources (i.e. a recent student Otto) says there’s NO WAY Boeheim would let SU sign with another company other than Nike.

Let the Otto jokes begin, but those guys are with the FB and MBB teams, and coaches, way more than us

Is there a chance we become a Jumpman Nike school? You’d think being a school that’s historically good (ahem) in both sports would be a draw.

Well John, Nike is quite well known for not having to pay their workers abroad why not do it here as well. LeBron needs a 5th home.

Great! Maybe one of them can design a football jersey that isn’t absolute garbage.